The Ninth Adventure

Mushgnome's Hobbet-centric PBP

Moderator: mushgnome

Post by mgtremaine » Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:22 pm

Re: The Ninth Adventure

Kiplyn would look for a place to put his torch (assuming it's still burning), once free of it he would make his way along the wall. He is looking for a shadowy nook to hide in while the southern group messes with the boulder and the unknown threat from the north is still hiding.....
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by Bastet1002 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:40 am

"I'm feeling stout of heart though without mead," says Robur puffing his chest and literally waxing poetical! "Let me squeeze through and see what horror's bleed."
Robur moves into the dark boulder crack.
Robur Boulderhill, Hobbit Fighter 1 / Druid 1 / Thief 1 (MV 12", AC 6 - w/ shield, , HP 7) leather, wood shield, cudgel, sling, Hobbit stiletto, boots high hard, hooded cloak, backpack, scroll cure lit. wound + wat breath, Background: Mead maker

Post by kipper » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:18 pm

Dame Simonetta accepts Bilfur's offer of assistance, and directs him to help her push at the boulder to give Robur space to squeeze through. "Make it quick," she orders, "We can't hold this boulder all day and I'll never forgive myself if you get trapped in there!"

Post by mushgnome » Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:17 pm

Dame Simonetta and Bilfur combine their strength to shift the boulder a few inches. (2x1d6=3,5 success.) Having now felt the boulder's weight, Dame Simonetta is convinced that whoever put it here was not an "average" human; they would have to be a peak physical specimen (18+ Str, and even a Hobbet with 18 Str couldn't move the boulder due to their small size, at least not without magical assistance from a potion of giant strength or similar).

Robur borrows a lantern from one of the henchmen and wriggles through. This is what he sees:

On the other side of the boulder is a natural, unworked cavern. There are six enormous mushrooms, each twice as tall as Robur. They have bright red caps, so let's call them cherry-headed dalek mushrooms!

The thin cord that I mentioned earlier is attached to fish hooks, and the fish hooks are sunk into the mushrooms' flesh, so that pulling the string tugs at the mushrooms. When Robur crawls into the room with his lantern, the screaming intensifies! Robur can see that the mushrooms are capable of snail-pace movement by 'scootching' across the floor. They are trying their best to get away from him, screaming as loud as they can out of the many 'mouths' dotting their caps.

ImageImage

[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by rredmond » Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:22 pm

Definitely an alarm, Noh says loudly, and unnecessarily, looking around for danger.
[f=47]Noh’won the Wiser[/f]
Kiplyn: ...no closer to pancakes and rest!
[f=59]Garamon [Hardy Hero, MV 9′′, AC 4, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L][/f]
Wraislin: arcane fire spewing from his fingertips and reaping barbeque death!

Post by mushgnome » Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:37 pm

Carc covers his sensitive little ears with his wings and gives Noh an aggravated look, as if to say, "Are you hearing this s***?"
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by dtspurrier » Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:05 pm

Bilfur comments, " this boulder is heavy. If this person who put this boulder is a giant then get back in here."
While holding the boulder, BIlfur thinks based on the party direction and if the room leads to outside where would it be from town. If counting the feet traveled and from outside is it possible to trace

Post by rredmond » Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:29 pm

Any druidic knowledge that might help us to calm this shrieking shroom?
[f=47]Noh’won the Wiser[/f]
Kiplyn: ...no closer to pancakes and rest!
[f=59]Garamon [Hardy Hero, MV 9′′, AC 4, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L][/f]
Wraislin: arcane fire spewing from his fingertips and reaping barbeque death!

Post by Bastet1002 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:40 pm

Robur returns and describes the scene including the fish hooks and fishing line keeping the mushrooms beasts prisoner. "The mushroom creatures," continues Robur. "Also backed away from me screaming out of several little mouths on each of them believing me to be a jailer. Or, maybe they didn't like my light? I'm sure that whoever is keeping them doesn't want them free - maybe the jailer wants to eat them! I for one do not relish eating walking ---- shrieking mushroom people! Now, if we free them and cut the fishing lines and remove the hooks, they might become our friends... or ... maybe there is a good reason they are prisoners... Do any of you know of such beasts? I've never learned about this kind of creature..."
Robur Boulderhill, Hobbit Fighter 1 / Druid 1 / Thief 1 (MV 12", AC 6 - w/ shield, , HP 7) leather, wood shield, cudgel, sling, Hobbit stiletto, boots high hard, hooded cloak, backpack, scroll cure lit. wound + wat breath, Background: Mead maker

Post by mushgnome » Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:59 pm

dtspurrier wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:05 pm
Bilfur comments, " this boulder is heavy. If this person who put this boulder is a giant then get back in here."
While holding the boulder, BIlfur thinks based on the party direction and if the room leads to outside where would it be from town. If counting the feet traveled and from outside is it possible to trace
Bilfur estimates that the party's current location is underneath the Druid's Grove, roughly speaking.

Return to “Hobbets of Hornpipe”