(03) Scouting the Ruins

Waysoftheearth's Wyrmspear PBP

Post by sully » Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:56 am

Re: (03) Scouting the Ruins

Thanis carefully works his way back out of his hiding spot and moves to cut off the party before they run into the guards.

He then tells everyone about all he's seen, including the guards, the monks, the flying humanoids, and Tass' disappearing act.

I've got to get back to my lookout spot. Who knows what mischief that weasel has gotten into?
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by mgtremaine » Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:02 pm

They startle a moment, before the first monk says, somewhat rudely: "One of Mgnavish's people, are you? Well, there's no more breakfast up here; you lot've decimated a week's victuals this morning as it is!
"

Tass gives them a shrug and smile "I thought I'd at least check. I was the slow one this morning so I got robbed at the table, as we like to say." Tass moves to one side to allow the monks to pass.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:23 pm

Tass: The Cathedral Entrance

The two monks eye Tass suspiciously for an enduring moment. Their disapproval is evident... but they have their own duties to attend and, from their perspective, Tass is likely someone else's problem.

"Be off then, you nuisance!" scolds the first monk.

Tass steps aside, allowing the monks access to the cathedral. Both of them step slowly in, looking over their shoulders to watch the Hobbet as they go...
The ref dices for their reaction to Tass' story...
2d6=6; so uncertain once again. At least they won't attack outright... (on that roll).
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:31 pm

The Party: Cathedral Site Outskirts
sully wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:56 am
Thanis carefully works his way back out of his hiding spot and moves to cut off the party before they run into the guards.

He then tells everyone about all he's seen, including the guards, the monks, the flying humanoids, and Tass' disappearing act.

I've got to get back to my lookout spot. Who knows what mischief that weasel has gotten into?

Thanis intercepts Garamon, Stern, Flin, and the others as they approach the cathedral site, and warns them firstly about the perimeter guard, and then about his other intelligence.

The party lays low, about 50 yards from the cathedral to discuss their next move...
What next people?

Note: I'm figuring it takes a while to intercept and inform the party, and will also take a while to head back to the lookout spot. Therefore, I haven't yet had Thanis return to his lookout. You can do that next, either alone or with the others...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by sully » Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:40 am

Thanis gives the others a chance to follow or stay, and then heads back to his look out spot.
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by mgtremaine » Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:49 pm

Tass will quickly try to get out of view and make his way back towards Thanis and the others.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by rredmond » Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:35 pm

Garamon quietly updates Thanis about what happened at the portcullis. And waits quietly with the others.
[f=47]Noh’won the Wiser[/f]
Kiplyn: ...no closer to pancakes and rest!
[f=59]Garamon [Hardy Hero, MV 9′′, AC 4, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L][/f]
Wraislin: arcane fire spewing from his fingertips and reaping barbeque death!

Post by mushgnome » Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:16 pm

Stern notes the absence of Tass and scowls, "What is that pesky hobbit up to this time?"
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by ehiker133 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:19 pm

mushgnome wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:16 pm
Stern notes the absence of Tass and scowls, "What is that pesky hobbit up to this time?"
Goldwen leans over and whispers, "I believe it's spelled h-o-b-b-e-t..."

(Sorry. I did put it in OC tags.)
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:04 am

Tass takes the opportunity, and leaves the monks behind, weaving his way through the scaffolding along the side of the cathedral, then through the supply yards, past the ruined outbuildings and back to the lookout spot where he finds Thanis arriving at about the same time.

Thanis relays to Tass that their main party has arrived, and then the pair of them nip back to rejoin the others.
Okay, we now have everyone back together, so you can plan your next steps together.

ehiker133 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:19 pm
Goldwen leans over and whispers, "I believe it's spelled h-o-b-b-e-t..."
LOL :D

Return to “Wyrmspear”