Out Of Character

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by coffee » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: Out Of Character

Wow, you ignore the OOC forum for a couple of days and look what happens!
I love this! It's awesome!
Ways, I love the IC/OOC split you've worked out. I think this will save a lot of confusion (for me anyway...)

As far as the treasure distribution, what you have looks fair. I'm not clear on what we're doing with magic items. I mention it because Dieter picked up that magic sword and I wasn't sure if that was something you wanted to take into account. (Or even how you'd do so, but that's not my problem...)

And I agree that it would be nice if everybody posted every day, but I also know that it's not feasible in every game. I myself may miss an OOC post (or several...), but I always check the IC thread Dieter is in (except on Saturdays, sometimes). I just don't have anything to say sometimes.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Post by Merctime » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:15 pm

Hiridhren has already called out (somewhere?) that he would love to accompany Dorgan to the elves, to provide guide service as Dhren's from that area. If we can get the good dwarf there in time, I am hoping Dhren knows the 'who's and where's' necessary to gain him help as soon as possible. I'll look around for that post, Sully.

Post by sully » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:20 pm

Merctime wrote:Hiridhren has already called out (somewhere?) that he would love to accompany Dorgan to the elves, to provide guide service as Dhren's from that area. If we can get the good dwarf there in time, I am hoping Dhren knows the 'who's and where's' necessary to gain him help as soon as possible. I'll look around for that post, Sully.
Merc, my bad for posting about this here in the first place. Let's take this conversation back over to the IC thread.
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by Merctime » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:26 pm

Guys, for the next few days (Dec 10 - 13) I may experience a period of power outage due to a large storm parking itself over my area for that duration. I may not be able to log-in and even see what's happening; Or it might not be so bad.

This is just a heads-up to my fellow gamers. Please NPC my characters in my absence due to this as needed/you see fit. If I can chime in regularly during this time, believe me, I will!

EDIT: Still have power; No downed power-lines around like they were expecting. Things should be OK so I will be able to continue gaming with you guys :D

Post by ehiker133 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:55 am

Might pose that question in the IC thread and delete it from this one, Doc. That way we can try and keep the OOC thread free of spoilers for those who don't like to have things spoiled. ;)
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by mushgnome » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:04 am

ehiker133 wrote:Might pose that question in the IC thread and delete it from this one, Doc. That way we can try and keep the OOC thread free of spoilers for those who don't like to have things spoiled. ;)
If you are referring to me, I am now 100% thoroughly spoiled so don't worry about me. I was so worried that I had to catch up on the events! :)
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by Merctime » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:10 am

mushgnome wrote:If you are referring to me, I am now 100% thoroughly spoiled
Quick!! Get him back in the freezer!!! :lol:

Post by mgtremaine » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:10 am

Lol the chatty ones have taken us over 16000 posts. Score I smell another level. :lol:
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:04 am

mgtremaine wrote:Lol the chatty ones have taken us over 16000 posts. Score I smell another level. :lol:
Ah, but you'll need to make it to the next "cash in point" after the next adventure to benefit from these new XP 8-)
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by heartless » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:03 pm

waysoftheearth wrote: Also, I've just re-rolled everyone's hit points following the big XP catch up... a number of you have leveled up! Congrats to Dieter, Highbough, Desmond, Josiane, Armando, Helumt, and Ashtad. (I think that's everyone?)

After much screwing around with variations on how to roll hit points and do constitution adjustments, I've settled something simpler: everyone's first HD will always yield minimum 5 hit points. This means it's still worthwhile rolling for that chance at a 6, but the low-level types don't risk waking up one morning with 1 hit point. We'll see how that goes for while...
Great idea, now first level rolls are not so live or die!

Wow Ashtad is now 2nd level, now the plan is to make it to 3rd!!!
[Hinderlands]Kianna the Elf Sister-Fighter-Medium, Elf Maiden, Fighter/MU/Cleric 1/1/1
[Hinterlands-Netherworld] Ashtad Engel (the flaming arrow), Human Maiden, Marksman 2
[Moria] Lady Éohild (Noble of Rohan), Human Women, Fighter 3

Return to “Hinterlands”