(062) The Basal

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by mgtremaine » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:21 pm

Re: (062) The Basal

Wen gives his thanks to rope team and quickly slips out of it. "We recovered the Marrowstone as well as this sword and a ring. Perhaps it will prove worth the pain. All should be warned that this sword is somewhat angry and has unleashed some of its power on me. I have feeling that it will not object to Dieter's touch but that can probably wait. Ulric if you are interested feel free to look it over." With that he would put the thing down and let someone else care for it. Depsite the wound he would recover his bow, armor and what not and prepare himself ones more for battle.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by coffee » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:59 pm

Dieter returns Olaf's smile, but has no words. He takes his place on the rope to haul the rest up; weakened state or no, we've lost enough comrades already.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Post by Eris » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:45 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:Wen the Elf is hauled up next. He, at least, appears as spry as ever...
"Welcome back Wen." Olaf says as he lets the rope back down, "You look none the worse for wear. Who's coming up next?"
[f=4]Manfreid the Fighter (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 10/10, FC Man+1, N) silver mail+helm, sword+shield[/f]

Post by danhem » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:45 am

"Someone take my watch and I will see what I can discern about this sword," Ulric says moving over to join the group.

"It injured you did it?" Ulric asks Wen. "What happened exactly? Some enchanted weapons do not take kindly to those that cannot wield them. Others are more amenable to those with certain moral standards or moral flexibility."

Ulric will look over the sword but does not touch it, searching his memory for any recollection of a similar looking blade in his various studies.

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:35 am

danhem wrote:Ulric will look over the sword but does not touch it, searching his memory for any recollection of a similar looking blade in his various studies.
d6

Ulric holds his lantern near over the fey blade... it is of great antiquity, there can be no doubt; a slightly curved, 33in, single-sided blade with a keen point, and an 11in hilt with a diamond-shaped metal pommel. A hundred tiny runes--almost imperceptible but to a wizard's eye--are etched up the reverse-side of the blade, but their meaning is unknowable without further study. The sword is wholly unrecognizable to Ulric's lore.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by Eris » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:38 pm

Re: (063) The Abysmal Pit

Olaf feeling the tug says, "Haul away!" and starts pulling the rope.

Between puffs of air Olaf asks "Dieter, after this one, how many more are still down there?"
[f=4]Manfreid the Fighter (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 10/10, FC Man+1, N) silver mail+helm, sword+shield[/f]

Post by coffee » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:32 pm

Re: (063) The Abysmal Pit

Eris wrote:Olaf feeling the tug says, "Haul away!" and starts pulling the rope.

Between puffs of air Olaf asks "Dieter, after this one, how many more are still down there?"
"Just two, I think," Dieter says. He hauls steadily, not wanting to show the effort.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Post by mushgnome » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:53 pm

Highbough is intrigued by the magic sword and ring, and hopes to claim them as his own.
However, he does not abandon his rope-pulling duties until everyone is safe.
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by danhem » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:43 pm

"There are runes written on the blade," Ulric reports, "but I do not recognize them. Given the appropriate preparation I could uncover the secrets of the weapon. Until then I would suggest that no one use it; such blades are know to have minds of their own."

Ulric waits patiently for the mysterious ring to make an appearance and then will inspect it as well.

Post by mgtremaine » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:15 am

danhem wrote:"There are runes written on the blade," Ulric reports, "but I do not recognize them. Given the appropriate preparation I could uncover the secrets of the weapon. Until then I would suggest that no one use it; such blades are know to have minds of their own."
Wen laughs and rubs his arm, where you can all see some bruising and redness, "Yes this one is angry and refused to talk, but I didn't not sense an Infernal presence with it. My gut tells me that Dieter could wield with out risk."

Wen continues to ready himself to continue. "I'll take a closer look at it later if it might help, but for now let us worry about the hounds that have fled."
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Return to “Hinterlands”