The Eighth Adventure

Mushgnome's Hobbet-centric PBP

Moderator: mushgnome

Posts: 2503
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm
Location: Upper Miskatonic Valley

Post by mushgnome » Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:01 am

Re: The Eighth Adventure

Round 4

Our hobbet heroes attempt crazy, bouncing trick shots, but fail miserably! Their sling stones ricochet every which direction but toward the enemy.

The xvarts swear and curse in their squeaky language! They know it would be suicidal to charge into the hail of slingstones. The xvarts have the high ground, but not enough firepower.

The party can faintly hear the pitter patter footsteps of the surviving xvarts retreating to the east. The glow of the Faerie Fire fades into the distance.

The only remaining light source is Bilfur's torch.
Surprise check 1d6=6, the xvarts don't see it coming.

Hobbet to-hit rolls
(Indirect fire attacks are at -4 range penalty. Additionally the Faerie Fire bonus no longer applies since the targets cannot be seen. Before you continue reading, I just want to preface this by saying, this is the same old d20 I always use.)

Dame Simonetta -2
Dougal 1
Noh 0
Robur 3
Wilbur 5
Willie 2

:lol:

Posts: 838
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm
Location: Gibsons, BC, Canada

Post by kipper » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:43 pm

Re: The Eighth Adventure

Dame Simonetta agrees with Willie, now that the xvarts have gone let's chase down the hirelings before they get themselves in trouble!

Posts: 2004
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm
Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post by ehiker133 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:29 pm

Re: The Eighth Adventure

Six MISERABLE To Hit rolls when flinging sling stones up a steep incline, into near complete darkness, at creatures we cannot see? Seems pretty legit, honestly. :lol: :lol:
Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) leather, short sword+main gauche

Posts: 216
Joined: Mon May 20, 2019 2:27 pm
Location: New Jersey

Post by rredmond » Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:59 pm

Re: The Eighth Adventure

Noh shuffles back into the Marching Order, stroking Carc's beak.
That hurts after all those 20+s :)
Faerie Fire specialized in: Entangle
Detection scrolls: Magic; Snares & Pits
Carc's squawks: 2=danger; 3=grave danger (is there any other kind); 4=RUN!
Kiplyn: ...no closer to pancakes and rest!

Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:21 pm

Post by Bastet1002 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:08 pm

Re: The Eighth Adventure

Robur huffs a little disappointedly back into marching order to pursue hirelings and little blue men.
Robur Boulderhill, Hobbit Fighter 1 / Druid 1 / Thief 1 (MV 12", AC 6 - with shield, , HP 5/7) leather, wood shield, cudgel, sling, Hobbit stiletto, boots high hard, hooded cloak, backpack, Spells: entangle, Background: Mead maker

Posts: 141
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:52 pm

Post by dtspurrier » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:53 pm

Re: The Eighth Adventure

bilfur follows along to find the hirelings

Posts: 2503
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm
Location: Upper Miskatonic Valley

Post by mushgnome » Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:20 am

Re: The Eighth Adventure

As Dame Simonetta leads the party north (toward area 18) she hears a loud whistling tune, which she might recognize as the hobbet equivalent of the Oscar Mayer jingle. The NPC hireling Douglas has his back turned and is totally oblivious to the party's approach. He has set his lantern down at the edge of the well and is pissing into the abyss!

Fiona, Ginger, and Beppo are nowhere to be seen. (Perhaps they're giving Douglas his privacy).

OOC: Douglas listen check 1d6=1 fail

Posts: 1867
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am
Location: San Diego, Ca

Post by mgtremaine » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:08 pm

Re: The Eighth Adventure

Told ya... these guys are morons :lol:
Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 6 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling

Posts: 838
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm
Location: Gibsons, BC, Canada

Post by kipper » Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:36 pm

Re: The Eighth Adventure

Dame Simonetta clears her throat audibly.

"Where is everyone else?" She asks Douglas after getting his attention (and hopefully after he puts himself back away, and assuming he hasn't plunged down into the abyss in startlement).

Posts: 2503
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm
Location: Upper Miskatonic Valley

Post by mushgnome » Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:27 pm

Re: The Eighth Adventure

Douglas stops whistling, zips his fly, and turns around. "Oh, hi! Fiona and Ginger went... hmmm... that way." He gestures vaguely at first, like he's playing eeney-meeney, then confidently points east (toward area 22). "Yeah, the girls went that-a-way."

Return to “Hobbets of Hornpipe”

cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Designed by ST Software.