The Seventh Adventure

Mushgnome's Hobbet-centric PBP

Moderator: mushgnome

Posts: 804
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Post by kipper » Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:42 pm

Re: The Seventh Adventure

Since Dougal is taking his lantern, Dame Simonetta would like to light her lantern and lower it down so that she can see what's going on down there if/when Dougal and/or Kiplyn come back.

Posts: 1993
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm
Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post by ehiker133 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:28 pm

Re: The Seventh Adventure

Dougal glances over to Kiplyn and whispers, "Do we check out the bundles of old web first or the opening in the side of the chasm? We're closer to what I assume is remains..."
Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) leather, short sword+main gauche

Posts: 2440
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm
Location: Upper Miskatonic Valley

Post by mushgnome » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:33 pm

Re: The Seventh Adventure

OOC: I'm about to re-draw the map based on these assumptions:

Willie and Beppo are heading to the 'secret doors' by the light of Willie's Lantern II. (Beppo isn't sure what that means, but it sounds fun, so he tags along.)

Dame Simonetta and Bilfur are at the east end of the chasm. Dame Simonetta has a lantern-on-a-string, and Bilfur lights a torch. (So they have light above and below.)

Kiplyn and Dougal are down in the chasm, lit by Dougal's lantern. Kiplyn is examining a cocoon, and Dougal just discovered an entrance to something. The extra illumination (now that I know he has the lantern) will give both of them a better look at what they're doing. (You'll see.)

It makes sense for Wilbur and Noh to go with Willie and Beppo's team. Unless I hear otherwise from the players (in which case, we can ret-con), I'm assuming that is the plan.

Posts: 199
Joined: Mon May 20, 2019 2:27 pm
Location: New Jersey

Post by rredmond » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:46 pm

Re: The Seventh Adventure

"There's no rule against splitting the party? Huh?" murmurs Noh to himself as he follows Willie, giving Carc a scritch.
All good here, one way to die as good as another, hopefully there's LOOT! :)
Last edited by rredmond on Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Faerie Fire specialized in: Entangle
Detection scrolls: Magic; Snares & Pits
Carc's squawks: 2=danger; 3=grave danger (is there any other kind); 4=RUN!
mushgnome: The real treasure was the friends we made along the way.

Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:52 pm

Post by dtspurrier » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:47 pm

Re: The Seventh Adventure

bilfur lights his torch so there is light

Posts: 1849
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am
Location: San Diego, Ca

Post by mgtremaine » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:05 pm

Re: The Seventh Adventure

Kiplyn answers Dougal "Better check the unknown first, these poor things are not going anywhere, I'm not even sure what we should do for them"
Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 6 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling

Posts: 2440
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm
Location: Upper Miskatonic Valley

Post by mushgnome » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:06 pm

Re: The Seventh Adventure

A Team:
Dougal spies a roughly 20' circular alcove in the western canyon wall. By the light of his lantern, he sees an unexpected sight: Furniture! (A kitchen table and chairs, to be exact.)
Kiplyn approaches the largest cocoon (roughly Hobbet-sized). It is dangling underneath the web like an apple hanging from the branch. Kiplyn could kneel on the web, reach down, and try to cut into the cocoon from above? Or he could try to pull it up, and get it in a less precarious position, before cutting it open?

B Team:
Dame Simonetta lowers her lantern into the crevasse. Bilfur lights a torch. They can indirectly see the glow of Dougal's lantern, off in the distance.

C Team:
Willie leads the way, squeezing between the puffballs heading west. At a blank section of wall, Willie speaks the phrase, "You DO NOT talk about ADVENTURE CLUB." This opens a secret door, revealing a short stretch of tunnel. Willie says, "ESPECIALLY not to the HUMANS!" This opens a second secret door. This reveals a longer section of hallway, with a sharp drop-off at the party's right hand.

At the end of this hallway is another blank section of wall, roughly door-shaped. What do you do?

Image

Posts: 1849
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am
Location: San Diego, Ca

Post by mgtremaine » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:08 pm

Re: The Seventh Adventure

Kiplyn leaves the corpse unsure what to do and catches up to Dougal
Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 6 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling

Posts: 934
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post by coffee » Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:38 pm

Re: The Seventh Adventure

"Do those passwords also work from this side?" Wilbur asks, softly. "Just in case the doors close for any reason."
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Posts: 1391
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:10 pm

Re: The Seventh Adventure

Willie turns to the other guys in his "team".

"Come on, speak the password! I did the last two. And we've got to hurry to make sure Dougal & Kiplyn don't get in trouble! Well -- not too much trouble, anyway."

"No spoilers, but I think we'll be able to find our way back," he says in answer to Wilbur's question.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Return to “Hobbets of Hornpipe”

cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Designed by ST Software.