The Seventh Adventure

Mushgnome's Hobbet-centric PBP

Moderator: mushgnome

Posts: 1863
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am
Location: San Diego, Ca

Post by mgtremaine » Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:19 pm

Re: The Seventh Adventure

"Well that was an eye opener! How about we don't jump into ponds anymore and we stop throwing fire at each other, there is enough danger down here without looking for extra trouble.Kiplyn cleans off his trusty dagger and when he sees Robur collecting coins he looks for a shadowy nook muttering something about "Not going to be spider club bait"
Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 6 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling

Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:52 pm

Post by dtspurrier » Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:52 pm

Re: The Seventh Adventure

bilfur sighs and says, " we could fish out water but some of you are hurt. Those that are take these enhanced berries that will taste great and cure some of your wounds."

OOC: i have six good berries and will offer each of you one each for those that are injured. I don;t think multiple berries will cure mult hp, yes?

Posts: 1415
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:24 pm

Re: The Seventh Adventure

Willie shakes rapidly-dissolving goo-into-water off his limbs and looks around.

"Wow! I can't believe we made it out of that one -- I thought for sure we were goners."


He pokes his finger in his mouth to check his teeth, just in case.

"Yup, we're still alive! Robur -- that was a bold move, but let's hope you learned your lesson," he says, without specifying what the lesson might be, possibly because he's not sure himself.

Willie will spend the turn gathering coins, but only after ensuring that there's a handy rope for them to climb out when they're done, and that Chegs' warhammer is intact, and that somebody up top is standing guard. (So he may not gather as many coins as Robur.)
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 2500
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm
Location: Upper Miskatonic Valley

Post by mushgnome » Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:43 am

Re: The Seventh Adventure

Robur seems to be lacking in the sack department. (And I assume he doesn't want to dump out the contents of his backpack?) Does Willie maybe want to lend Robur one of his extra sacks? A small sack holds 100 coins and a large sack or backpack holds 600 coins. (Gathering 600 coins per 10 minute turn = 1 coin per second.)

Bilfur generously offers to share his good berries with Willie and Robur (once they climb out of the well)!

In this campaign, characters can eat multiple good berries to heal multiple hit points.

Also a reminder to the newer players about our second breakfast house rule: A character can spend 1 rest turn eating 1 ration to regain 1 hit point (ability usable max 1/hour; splashing around in thigh-deep water at the bottom of a well does not count as "restful.").

Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:21 pm

Post by Bastet1002 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:00 am

Re: The Seventh Adventure

"Say, Willie," says Robur. "We need a way to collect it all. Could you perhaps lend me a sack? And... after... I'm going to eat a really big a second breakfast ... or two..."
Robur Boulderhill, Hobbit Fighter 1 / Druid 1 / Thief 1 (MV 12", AC 6 - with shield, , HP 5/7) leather, wood shield, cudgel, sling, Hobbit stiletto, boots high hard, hooded cloak, backpack, Spells: entangle, Background: Mead maker

Posts: 212
Joined: Mon May 20, 2019 2:27 pm
Location: New Jersey

Post by rredmond » Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:45 pm

Re: The Seventh Adventure

"The fire seemed to turn the tide in that battle," Noh says bemused. Not being hurt, he and Carc keep an eye out while others look and rest.
Faerie Fire specialized in: Entangle
Detection scrolls: Magic; Snares & Pits
Carc's squawks: 2=danger; 3=grave danger (is there any other kind); 4=RUN!
Kiplyn: ...no closer to pancakes and rest!

Posts: 838
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm
Location: Gibsons, BC, Canada

Post by kipper » Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:32 pm

Re: The Seventh Adventure

Dame Simonetta stands bemused and silent, watching the exit to the north.

Posts: 1415
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:23 pm

Re: The Seventh Adventure

"Robur, you don't look so great. You go up top and rest -- can somebody come down here and help me load treasure? Dougal, how 'bout it?"

Willie suggests that Robur go up and take advantage of 2nd breakfast and a goodberry. He himself is only down 1hp (I think), so he's fit for a turn of action loading a large sack.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:21 pm

Post by Bastet1002 » Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:34 pm

Re: The Seventh Adventure

Robur's face actually looks pale and slightly greenish! "Thanks Willie. Your a a good friend. I'm feeling a little dizzy actually..." he slurs and heads up for a 2nd breakfast and the kindly offered goodberry.
Robur Boulderhill, Hobbit Fighter 1 / Druid 1 / Thief 1 (MV 12", AC 6 - with shield, , HP 5/7) leather, wood shield, cudgel, sling, Hobbit stiletto, boots high hard, hooded cloak, backpack, Spells: entangle, Background: Mead maker

Posts: 2500
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm
Location: Upper Miskatonic Valley

Post by mushgnome » Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:39 pm

Re: The Seventh Adventure

Bastet1002 wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:34 pm
Robur's face actually looks pale and slightly greenish! "Thanks Willie. Your a a good friend. I'm feeling a little dizzy actually..." he slurs and heads up for a 2nd breakfast and the kindly offered goodberry.
2nd breakfast: In exchange for 1 hit point, please think of one of your favorite comfort foods and cross it off your inventory for the rest of the Adventure. In your darkest moments, you can daydream of eating this food again when you get home to the surface, and this thought will give you hope.

Return to “Hobbets of Hornpipe”

cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Designed by ST Software.