The Second Adventure

Mushgnome's Hobbet-centric PBP

Moderator: mushgnome

Posts: 1863
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am
Location: San Diego, Ca

Post by mgtremaine » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:27 pm

Re: The Second Adventure

Kiplyn does his best to keep up and harass the fleeing monster.
Lol those rolls on the first volley :lol:
Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 6 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling

Posts: 838
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm
Location: Gibsons, BC, Canada

Post by kipper » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:29 pm

Re: The Second Adventure

"No need to rush!" Dame Simonetta warns. She makes her way towards the northwest passage (assuming someone else with a light source comes along) but slowly, keeping careful watch as she does so.

Posts: 16555
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:53 am

Re: The Second Adventure

Oi can't see the beastie! complains Tet.
Two 1s is pretty hard to beat :)
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Posts: 1415
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:35 pm

Re: The Second Adventure

"Damn, we lost him!" mutters Willie. Then he looks around, worried lest anyone may have heard his poor language & might report it to his Mam.

Willie will join the others in taking a look to the north-west, but first:

"Everybody be careful, it's slippery over here! Wait for me to light another torch!"

Judging that the Spider-Goat is already gone (for now), he takes time to light a torch & holds it high so that they can see the chasm.
Suggested two-column marching order:
  Code:
                 ^
| D. Simonetta   | Willie (torch) |
| Dougal         | Noh            |
| Tet (torch)    | Kiplyn         |
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 212
Joined: Mon May 20, 2019 2:27 pm
Location: New Jersey

Post by rredmond » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:23 pm

Re: The Second Adventure

Marching order looks good to me!
Faerie Fire specialized in: Entangle
Detection scrolls: Magic; Snares & Pits
Carc's squawks: 2=danger; 3=grave danger (is there any other kind); 4=RUN!
Kiplyn: ...no closer to pancakes and rest!

Posts: 2500
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm
Location: Upper Miskatonic Valley

Post by mushgnome » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:45 pm

Re: The Second Adventure

Turn 7

The cavern slopes gradually downhill to the northwest, and the floor is damp and slippery. The puffballs here are more mature specimens, fully inflated with spores. There is an anxious moment when Dame Simonetta and Willie simultaneously slip and lose their footing. but are able to stop themselves inches short of a particularly bloated puffball specimen. One wrong step, and they're looking at a face full of spores!

This map shows the area of puffballs that are inflated and ready to pop. Our heroes are at the eastern edge of the red zone, near the number 2:

Image
Dex checks (roll under on d20):
Willie 9
Dame Simonetta 6

Posts: 212
Joined: Mon May 20, 2019 2:27 pm
Location: New Jersey

Post by rredmond » Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:16 pm

Re: The Second Adventure

"What beautiful specimens," Noh says admiringly, as he strokes under Carc's beak. "I wish there were time to study them," he sighs, "since they look ready to pop anyway, should we toss rocks at them from afar? Just for expediency's sake?"
Faerie Fire specialized in: Entangle
Detection scrolls: Magic; Snares & Pits
Carc's squawks: 2=danger; 3=grave danger (is there any other kind); 4=RUN!
Kiplyn: ...no closer to pancakes and rest!

Posts: 838
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm
Location: Gibsons, BC, Canada

Post by kipper » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:46 pm

Re: The Second Adventure

"A fine idea." Dame Simonetta says to Noh. "Let us retreat back first."

Posts: 1863
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am
Location: San Diego, Ca

Post by mgtremaine » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:11 pm

Re: The Second Adventure

Once it is clear the spider-goat got away Kiplyn would remember the touch he set down. "Let me grab my torch also, half a moment." He would dash back to where he lodged it and return.
Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 6 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling

Posts: 1415
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:40 pm

Re: The Second Adventure

Once Willie's back on his feet, and has retreated about 30 feet, he laughs, bashfully.

"I said it was slippery! Then I slipped!"

He continues to chuckle to himself about this, but he holds his torch high & keeps an ear out for any noise from the ceiling while the puffball bombarding goes on.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Return to “Hobbets of Hornpipe”

cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Designed by ST Software.