07 - Exploring Tor-Xonor: The Lower Caves

Mgtremaine's World of Tybor PBP

Moderator: mgtremaine

Posts: 336
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:04 am

Post by okruse » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:01 pm

Re: 07 - Exploring Tor-Xonor

Phadian

Looks around the cave they are in, deep in thought.

"Yeah, I suppose we can stay here. It is a bit stinky though, would need to clean up a bit. Maybe a good idea to rig up a trap or two as the goblins that fled may come back."

Posts: 1941
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am
Location: San Diego, Ca

Post by mgtremaine » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:45 pm

Re: 07 - Exploring Tor-Xonor

With many hands the party builds a raft that will support at least 5 persons, it is longer then it is wide but will fit through the tunnels it has to be carried through.....

Night is drawing near, what preparations do you make?
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 6 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=55]The Grey Company[/f]

Posts: 2723
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm
Location: Upper Miskatonic Valley

Post by mushgnome » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:47 pm

Re: 07 - Exploring Tor-Xonor

Squishy the dog stands guard for a few minutes while Urist gathers his companions. "This flask is my last draught of the good stuff from the Mountainhome. Let's share one last drink together, and tomorrow we'll cross the underground waters. For a dwarf, this exciting stuff, but I understand some of you surface-dwellers might be nervous. Starting now we are on high alert, stick together, two people per watch. Now if y'll excuse me, I feel terrible... someone wake me up in time for dawn watch."

Posts: 2041
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm
Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post by ehiker133 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:51 pm

Re: 07 - Exploring Tor-Xonor

Rhegaer takes a drink of the mountain dwarf's spirits.

Then he takes a drink from the flask.

He suggests sticking to the standard watch rotation.
Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) leather, short sword+main gauche

Posts: 2723
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm
Location: Upper Miskatonic Valley

Post by mushgnome » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:13 am

Re: 07 - Exploring Tor-Xonor

ehiker133 wrote:He suggests sticking to the standard watch rotation.
"Fine then," grumbles the dwarf. "I'll feed Squishy while you take a nap."

(OOC: Urist is 1st in the standard actions and will wake Coln if the watch passes uneventfully.)

Posts: 2041
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm
Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post by ehiker133 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:31 am

Re: 07 - Exploring Tor-Xonor

mushgnome wrote:
ehiker133 wrote:He suggests sticking to the standard watch rotation.
"Fine then," grumbles the dwarf. "I'll feed Squishy while you take a nap."

(OOC: Urist is 1st in the standard actions and will wake Coln if the watch passes uneventfully.)
| sorry, I didn't even look to see what the watch order was; I just figured we have an SOP set up so we don't have to spend any time discussing it... |
Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) leather, short sword+main gauche

Posts: 780
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Post by merias » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:32 am

Re: 07 - Exploring Tor-Xonor

Alrik will memorize color spray and fog wall in his down time.
Aldbane the Cleric (Level 5 MV 6" AC 2/3 HD 4 HP 18) plate +1, shield+2, helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing

Posts: 336
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:04 am

Post by okruse » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:05 pm

Re: 07 - Exploring Tor-Xonor

Phadian

Will memorize CLW.

Posts: 1941
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am
Location: San Diego, Ca

Post by mgtremaine » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:44 pm

Re: 07 - Exploring Tor-Xonor

The days labor is done, logs were felled and hauled into the cavern and lashed to form the raft. Urist's skilled at building prove invaluable as did the hard work of all the party. Alrik made many learned suggestions and rendered down a foul concoction from various thing including parts of the dead goblins that was used as a glue. In the end the raft is as sturdy a craft as you could wish.

ooc: Someone needs to sacrifice 50' of rope for the lashings. Several of you are carrying rope so decide.

The time has come to rest before your return to the cave of lights.....

Does the night pass with out encounter?
mgt's roll comes to 5 [5 on 1d6]

mgt's roll comes to 5 [5 on 1d6]
mgt's roll comes to 2 [2 on 1d6]


No... In the small hours of the night Alrik is watching, the fire pit is but a low flicker of coals, a candle perhaps is burning as Alrik finished his studies before taking his turn at watch. Then in the silence Alrik feels the cavern air stir, and suddenly he feels a chill fear is approaching. He sees nothing by darkness yet he is sure that something has stirred the air and it is not good.

Actions?
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 6 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=55]The Grey Company[/f]

Posts: 780
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Post by merias » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:02 pm

Re: 07 - Exploring Tor-Xonor

Alrik scurries over to Coln and shakes him awake - "Quickly! Something foul approches!" he hisses, then does the same for the others.
Aldbane the Cleric (Level 5 MV 6" AC 2/3 HD 4 HP 18) plate +1, shield+2, helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing

Return to “Edge of the Western Sea”

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Designed by ST Software.