Primordial Ooze...

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:53 am

Re: Primordial Ooze...

Nice work coffee; with 12 intelligence Karl will know 4 languages. The first two will be Gothic and Illiberal, the third is your choice (if you so choose, else random), and the forth will be a randomly determined language from the lawful list. Do you want to pick the third language (with literacy or lawful being among your options) or shall I roll it?

Also, can you please PM me your preferred gmail address so I can set you up with a Goldenrod PC sheet?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:56 am

Sully, Brother Herald's "Holy Symbol" is of course an Enimga of Thuul! Please record whether it be of wood, iron, or silver as this will impact its efficacy against the undead.

Mgtremaine, please update Brother Alfwin's Holy Cross to also be an Enimga of Thuul!
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by The Red Baron » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:50 am

Edit: I realized that the hp, AC, FC values on my character sheet were all placeholder values.

when are hit points rolled?
Last edited by The Red Baron on Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[f=4]Mero the Fighter (M 9", AC 2/4, hp 7/7, FC Man+1, L) plate+helm, spear+shield[/f]

Just don't panic because your life is in the hands of someone named Dopey

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:59 am

The Red Baron wrote:My character sheet shows a 4 for hit points.
Sorry RedBarron, the stat line in each character sheet was only an example which was copied over from the "empty" record sheet.

In fact, I will be rolling everyone's hit points at the commencement of play.

FWIW, I have just gone and updated the example stat line in the "empty" record sheet so that it now reads: "M ?" AC ?/? HD ?+? hp ? FC ?".
The idea is that each player should keep their character's stat line updated appropriately as play proceeds.
This is the single feature of your character record that I will rely most heavily on, so it's kinda important that it is correct :)

I will be helping people to get it right, as will my redoubtable assistant ref.

Post by mushgnome » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:39 pm

Can Rat Catchers use the sling?
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by riftstone » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:14 pm

Ok, so looking at the rules I decided to be an Elf.

Str 7 [1 3 4] -1 even
Int 16 [3 6 5] +2 odd
Wis 14 [6 4 3] +1 odd
Con 13 [5 4 5] -1 even
Dex 10 [3 4 2] +1 odd
Mny 12 [4 2 6]
Chr 12 [3 4 5] no mod

Maybe an elf Cleric/M-U or Druid? Not sure what is allowed. Would I have to be a Clr/Ftr/M-U to have cleric?

Post by mgtremaine » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:55 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:Brother Alfwin (11 intelligence) has a language dilemma; he speaks Gothic (man) and Illiberal (common), but his third option could be either Empyrean (Lawful) or literacy. If he chooses literacy, he won't know Empyrean (Lawful) and thus not be able to read clerical scrolls without the aid of a Comprehend Languages spell or a Helm of Comprehending Languages (he would still be able to memorise clerical spells by prayer, however). If he chooses Empyrean (Lawful), he will be illiterate and thus would likewise be challenged by clerical scrolls. A perplexing choice. (FWIW, all the Temple prayers would be spoken in Empyrean so this seems the more logical choice).
Must I take Gothic? That is i could easily see this one having Illiberal, Empyrean and Literate with no ability in Gothic just by the cloistered nature of his up-bringing. In temple they spoke only Empyrean. He learned to read and write and outside of the Abbey/Church grounds he spoke Common. Makes way more sense then he can't read or can't speak the alignment tongue.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by Eris » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:29 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:Now awaiting character choices from: doctorx, coffee, todd, and riftstone, and eris need to choose and alignment for Gunter.

Looks like we're set for a merry band of 13 players.
Ways, I thought, I said Gunter was of Neutral Alignment. If I didn't, I do now. :)
[f=4]Manfreid the Fighter (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 10/10, FC Man+1, N) silver mail+helm, sword+shield[/f]

Post by ehiker133 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:08 pm

riftstone wrote:Ok, so looking at the rules I decided to be an Elf.

Str 7 [1 3 4] -1 even
Int 16 [3 6 5] +2 odd
Wis 14 [6 4 3] +1 odd
Con 13 [5 4 5] -1 even
Dex 10 [3 4 2] +1 odd
Mny 12 [4 2 6]
Chr 12 [3 4 5] no mod

Maybe an elf Cleric/M-U or Druid? Not sure what is allowed. Would I have to be a Clr/Ftr/M-U to have cleric?
Per the DD rules for changing classes...
...nor can a cleric ever change to a magic-user or vice versa.
I believe that rule is in place for multi classing as well, so a cleric/MU probably wouldn't be possible.

Re: Druids... WOTE didn't include that class in the list of classes available in this campaign. That wouldn't prevent you from building a cleric with "Druid-like" tendencies... But it wouldn't have any special abilities or skills different from the cleric.

Of course, WOTE can chime in with changes to that as suits his campaign needs.
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by The Red Baron » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:11 pm

ehiker133 wrote:
riftstone wrote:Ok, so looking at the rules I decided to be an Elf.

Per the DD rules for changing classes...
...nor can a cleric ever change to a magic-user or vice versa.
I believe that rule is in place for multi classing as well, so a cleric/MU probably wouldn't be possible.

Re: Druids... WOTE didn't include that class in the list of classes available in this campaign. That wouldn't prevent you from building a cleric with "Druid-like" tendencies... But it wouldn't have any special abilities or skills different from the cleric.

Of course, WOTE can chime in with changes to that as suits his campaign needs.
Greyhawk had a proto-druid, in my opinion based on Zogar Sag in the classic Conan adventure Beyond the Black River.

Simon actually did a full writeup for the class here, inspired by the monster in Greyhawk:
waysoftheearth wrote: Greyhawk also added another iconic dual-classed option: the Druid!

The combination magic-user/cleric is disallowed by the 3LBBs, but enters play as the (NPC) Druid with Greyhawk. I've detailed the Druid progression and spells per day by merging the features of the (DD) magic-user and cleric classes:

Enjoy!
Its worth noting that the Greyhawk druid is chaotic. Source, since I'm too lazy to look up the pagenumber: (http://odd74.proboards.com/thread/4813)
[f=4]Mero the Fighter (M 9", AC 2/4, hp 7/7, FC Man+1, L) plate+helm, spear+shield[/f]

Just don't panic because your life is in the hands of someone named Dopey

Return to “Character Generation”