08 - Tor-Xonor: Sailing the Dark Waters

Mgtremaine's World of Tybor PBP

Moderator: mgtremaine

Post by merias » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:09 pm

Re: 08 - Tor-Xonor: Sailing the Dark Waters

"Yes, that would be a fine tale, indeed," Alrik says.
Aldbane the Cleric (Level 5 MV 6" AC 2/3 HD 4 HP 18) plate +1, shield+2, helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing

Post by mushgnome » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:28 pm

Urist is fascinated by the tiny underground creatures (the dwarf feels like a giant by comparison) and listens intently to their story.
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by mgtremaine » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:28 pm

Ilthilmir would flutter his wings and give a little sigh. "Well it's a long tale but I can see no harm in telling."

Years ago, for you this would be many many years ago I served the Elven Wizard Findilmir. Together with a strong group of Elven Warriors we came to Tor-Xonor in hopes of destroying the Yaksha. For although the fall of Tor-Xonor was long ago the Elves have not forgotten what happened. You see during the final battle here the Court Wizard managed to bind one of the mighty Yaksha in lower chambers of the castle. Pent the Yaksha is less of danger but his presence here draws the force of Chaos about the place, and the Elves have feared that someday Achrim would send someone to free the evil spirit of Air, and on that day it will go badly for the people of Lower Trinity.

So we came in force, you have of course seen the cursed bones of the Dragon, that is another problem but we destroyed many of the Shadow Serpents at the time, we did not fully understand that they return. We forced our way into the main ruins and routed that upper works. Deep in the heart of the ruins we faced the Yaksha's thrall, and monstrous Cyclops who keep kennels of fire breathing hounds. The Elves prevailed but at great cost and when the Prison of the Yaksha was finally pierced we faced the evil spirit at his height of power. He can not leave the his prison, but he gathered many items of power of the years and used them to tremendous effect. As my master lay dying he gave me to the Eye of Torgrin and made me promise to flee with it back to Eforil of the Trees, for the Eye would be a terrible power to give to Yaksha, with it he could see and speak with others of his kind and make plans for the ruin of all.

Well the rest is pure folly, I fled down an old well into these caves but as I flew one of the tentacle horrors grabbed me and I dropped the Eye into the waters. I fought my way free but I have been searching for the Eye ever since. I gathered my Chorus from the lands around here and together we explore the darkness. I think you have witnessed this, hence the name the Cave of Lights, it is a trick that I have taught them to create the Starlight blooms which illuminates the dark waters.

Ilthilmir would end with a sigh and a thoughtful look cast upon the ground.

"But what of you, what brings you to these Ruins? Surely the the dark history of this place has warned most away from it."
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by ehiker133 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:04 pm

Rhegaer nods, "I would hear of this curse, as well."
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by mushgnome » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:05 pm

"Aye," says Urist, "My loyal dog sensed a great danger from the dragon's bones, and saved us from committing a great folly by disturbing the remains. What can you tell us of this curse?"
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by mgtremaine » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:35 pm

Ithilmir nods... "The Dragon, yes the bones are of Grotama, eldest scion of Argrott Fireeye. Prince Sangorn is said to have slew the beast from the battlements with magical arrows. The bones are cursed by Argrott himself, that much we learned. So long as those bones have laid there the Shadow Serpents rise and seek to destroy any life they can find. I do not know any more then that."

While Ithilmir talks a small light flies into the cave and before Ithilmir appear a female pixie, who starts speaking rapidly in the Sylvan tongue. We she is done he hold up his hand and addresses you again. "There is an Elf on the beach, is she with you?"
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by okruse » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:08 am

Phadian

Phadian has a look of astonishment.

"It cannot be so we saw her slain. <pauses as a tear passes his eye> Hagwen was one of our group who was slain by an ogre in other caves near here, but when she died her appearance changed to that of an elf maiden. We had not the craft to restore her life so we gave her a burial. <looks anxious> Describe this elf maiden to us."

Post by mgtremaine » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:46 am

Ilthilmir relays a rough description of the Elf Maiden that was seen. It sounds very similar to Elf form of Hagwen that you laid to rest. But it is third hand so....

Post by okruse » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:33 am

Phadian

"Perhaps I have seen too many unexplainable things of late that my hopes and prayers are getting the best of me. I cannot say for certain. If we were to talk to her though I am sure we could find out the truth of the matter. Certainly there is a lot more to these ruins than we first thought."

Post by merias » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:10 pm

"We should go and speak to her, if it is indeed Hagwen, or whatever she calls herself now,we can bring her back here," Alrik says.
Aldbane the Cleric (Level 5 MV 6" AC 2/3 HD 4 HP 18) plate +1, shield+2, helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing

Return to “Edge of the Western Sea”