Delve the Fourteenth

Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

Posts: 2857
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm
Location: Upper Miskatonic Valley

Post by mushgnome » Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:59 pm

Re: Delve the Fourteenth

Franklin has 3 flasks of oil in his inventory. He gives 1 flask each to Rhod, Balbo and Drogo. He himself will fire a sling stone.
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Posts: 2315
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:17 am

Re: Delve the Fourteenth

I just found my house rules on oil

OIL: Can not be lit and thrown. Must be thrown one round, lit by a fire source next round. Damage is 1d6 per round, for 1d6 rounds. Multiple flasks will add to duration or area, not damage. Assume 1 flask can cover a 10' square

So what is the idea? Franklin reveals himself, you put oil down in the corridor, when they investigate you light it?

Posts: 1072
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm
Location: Gibsons, BC, Canada

Post by kipper » Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:44 pm

Re: Delve the Fourteenth

If Franklin is willing, I would even say that Franklin should liberally apply oil around the jellies while invisible (starting in the area furthest from the rest of the party and working back towards us), hopefully he won't be detected. If he is detected, he can make a dash back to us (splashing a trail of oil down as he does so), whereupon we will apply oil into the corridor after he returns and then light it all.

Posts: 2857
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm
Location: Upper Miskatonic Valley

Post by mushgnome » Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:42 pm

Re: Delve the Fourteenth

That's a great suggestion! Invisible Franklin will spread oil liberally in all directions, so the jellies will be surrounded by flames. Franklin is confident the whole process will be very safe, because the jellies are slow and stupid, but if it seems like they have him cornered, the potion of swiftness will be his escape plan. He leaves a trail of oil as a 'fuse' so we can spark it from a safe distance.
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Posts: 2315
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:40 am

Re: Delve the Fourteenth

Does Aldbane give his 5 flasks of oil to Franklin, so he has eight? That should be enough for the plan, if Aldbane is okay using them all

Posts: 837
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Post by merias » Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:21 am

Re: Delve the Fourteenth

Makofan wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:40 am
Does Aldbane give his 5 flasks of oil to Franklin, so he has eight? That should be enough for the plan, if Aldbane is okay using them all
Yes, Aldbane will give all of his flasks to Franklin.
Aldbane the Cleric (Level 5 MV 6" AC 2/3 HD 4 HP 18) plate +1, shield+2, helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing

Posts: 2315
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:38 pm

Re: Delve the Fourteenth

Franklin works quickly, but it seems the jellies can sense him as they start ponderously tumbling towards him. Work finished, he runs back north. The jellies have entered the oil - drop a torch?

Posts: 1072
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm
Location: Gibsons, BC, Canada

Post by kipper » Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:44 pm

Re: Delve the Fourteenth

If they are slow enough, let's wait until they are pretty much in the centre of the oil and then light it.

Posts: 2857
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm
Location: Upper Miskatonic Valley

Post by mushgnome » Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:38 pm

Re: Delve the Fourteenth

Franklin scurries back to the party and un-invisibles himself. Maloof has the right idea, timing the fire for maximum damage!

Balbo and Drogo are standing by with arrows nocked.
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Posts: 2315
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:33 pm

Re: Delve the Fourteenth

The oil is lit, and a trail of fire approaches and engulfs the two gelatinous dice. You hear a tremendous sound, in between a whistle, a shriek, and a hiss, and when the flames have died down, the monsters are just burned slush

Return to “Gorthaur's Madness”

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Designed by ST Software.