(04) The Cathedral

Waysoftheearth's Wyrmspear PBP

Post by mgtremaine » Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:53 pm

Re: (04) The Cathedral

"I think she needs a hug"Tass mutters as he looks at the statue of the Mother Goddess.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by sully » Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:20 pm

Thanis shrugs and then steps up and gives the statue a hug.
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by zygarti » Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:37 am

Flin will closely inspect the stonework, as dwarves tend to do.
Flin Ireforge [Dwarf Myrmidon, Strong, MV 6′′, AC 5, HD 3, hp 15, FC 3 men/hero −1, SV F7, N].

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:30 pm

Thanis steps up to the 10ft tall statue and, somewhat awkwardly, embraces the Goddess in a hug. Being on a pedestal and 10ft tall, Thanis is only about belly-high on her. None the less, the statue remains completely unmoved.

Flin takes a look at the stone work. He surmises at a glance that most of sanctum is the same construction as the rest of the cathedral. However, the statue itself is of an unusual type of stone, dark but filled with metallic flecks. It isn't something Flin has seen before, but its smoothness and hardness is a bit of a marvel. No wonder whoever it was couldn't vandalise it successfully.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by ehiker133 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:05 pm

Goldwen kneels before the statue and offers the Immaculate Mother Goddess her most humble prayers and asks forgiveness for the destructive acts of men. She runs her hands over the flecked stone, carefully checking the damage as she quietly intones her request for patience, love, and understanding of anyone who would mar such an iconic statue.

After a moment, Goldwen finishes her prayers and, if possible, tries to touch the palms of the statues hands with her own hands.
If I've made over 1/3 of the last 10 posts, I try to pause and let others interject, so as to not take over the game.

Also, my whole family has, at some point this last week, been praying to the porcelain gods. Well, two of us mostly used trash cans. But five people sick for about 3 days each in one week of time means lots of overlap with who is sick at any given time. I personally cleaned up 4 sick messes and Malissa cleaned 7. I wish I could say even ONE of them was my cat because that would have been easier to clean by a long shot. It was a draining and tiring period;

ALSO, I tend to not log into my laptop on the weekends and for some reason I never check any RPG or woodworking boards on the weekends. But that's just a me thing.

It NEVER has anything to do with the game being uninteresting, WOTE, I promise. It's ME, not you.
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by rredmond » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:59 pm

ehiker133 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:05 pm
It NEVER has anything to do with the game being uninteresting, WOTE, I promise. It's ME, not you.
Wait, are you breaking up with us??
[f=47]Noh’won the Wiser[/f]
Kiplyn: ...no closer to pancakes and rest!
[f=59]Garamon [Hardy Hero, MV 9′′, AC 4, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L][/f]
Wraislin: arcane fire spewing from his fingertips and reaping barbeque death!

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:19 am

While the others fuss, Goldwen kneels and prays... and in her mind is transported to a far away place, where everything is cool, calm, and Zen...

Goldwen glides through a beautifully maintained garden... scarcely noticing it in the bedazzling yet soft and shifting light... She interacts superficially with Saints and lesser Almighties almost casually, as if they ordinarily members of her flock. Soon, she finds herself walking alongside the Immaculate Mother Goddess, discussing trivial matters of daily life, as ordinary as a conversation with any maid staff, groom, or bondsman.

She mentions the Wyrmspear in their conversation---an unimportant side track---and Goldwen immediately Knows its significance and its whereabouts. Albeit this is of relatively little interest compared to the sprawling daily wisdom She continues to share....

Sometime later... Goldwen's eyes flick open.
Has there been an infinitesimal uptick in the statue's sad expression? Difficult to say, but Goldwen is convinced of it.
Goldwen now knows about the Wyrmspear, a near-mythical weapon that will enable a hero to face down the dragon threat.
She also knows (conceptually) where it is located within the ruined city buried beneath this very cathedral. (I.e., the reward for Goldwen praying to the Goddess is a treasure map, with the Wyrmspear being the treasure).
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by Tonneau » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:57 am

"Can we move along now?" whines Wraislin, interrupting Goldwen's reverie. "I think that's enough rock-hugging for now."
[f=59]Wraislin [Intellectual Conjurer, MV 12′′, AC 9, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV M3, N] [/f]

Post by sully » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:33 am

Thanis says, Uh, you ok Goldwen? You look like you were taking a nap there for a bit.
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:35 am

... completing his purveyance, Flin points out a pair of subtle depressions in the stone floor before the pedestal. He concludes they are tracks, and that--unlikely as it seems---the entire weighty mass of the statue and pedestal is somehow moveable.

Return to “Wyrmspear”