Out Of Character

Waysoftheearth's Wyrmspear PBP

Post by mgtremaine » Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:14 am

Re: Out Of Character

Not really.. :( Normal patching on the system but otherwise nothin has changed in configuration of anything really.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by ehiker133 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:31 pm

Again, I've never found the notifications to be consistent enough to be useful. I just have the Immersive Ink site saved as a favorite on my hot bar. It takes me about two seconds to load the page in the morning to check and see if there are any updates. If not, I might check it later, but I know I'll check it for 2 seconds the next morning, as well, so if something posts between now and then, I'll see it the next morning.

Then I'm not ever relying on something that doesn't always work and has proven to not always work.

Just my two cents. Or two pence, if you will.
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by sully » Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:17 pm

ehiker133 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:31 pm
Again, I've never found the notifications to be consistent enough to be useful. I just have the Immersive Ink site saved as a favorite on my hot bar. It takes me about two seconds to load the page in the morning to check and see if there are any updates. If not, I might check it later, but I know I'll check it for 2 seconds the next morning, as well, so if something posts between now and then, I'll see it the next morning.

Then I'm not ever relying on something that doesn't always work and has proven to not always work.

Just my two cents. Or two pence, if you will.
Yeah, I'm starting to take this approach now that email notification has proven unreliable.
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by sully » Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:43 pm

I vote we continue the ruse long enough to get in melee range and then attack. Any objections?
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by rredmond » Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:53 pm

Nope, sounds like a good plan!
[f=47]Noh’won the Wiser[/f]
Kiplyn: ...no closer to pancakes and rest!
[f=59]Garamon [Hardy Hero, MV 9′′, AC 4, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L][/f]
Wraislin: arcane fire spewing from his fingertips and reaping barbeque death!

Post by ehiker133 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:43 pm

I had a fun weekend...

Spent some time this weekend making a black raspberry patch along a fence in my yard.
I cut the borders with my edging tool.
I skimmed off the sod and broke up the soil for 2'.
I mixed in compost/manure until it was amalgamated.
I planted the black raspberries that Malissa and I pulled from the farm (they were bird poop transplants my parents didn't want).
I watered the plants.
I covered the whole area with mulch.
Then the kids came running out of the house, complaining that the internet wasn't working and the tv was broken.
I looked down at my new patch of plants and tried to envision the orange flags I saw last August when they installed the fiber line and... then I spotted the little broken sections of black fiber cable, perfectly mixed in with soil and cow poo, now surrounding my new black raspberries.
So... I had to work in the office yesterday, when I would normally be working from home. And I left work early to be home for the repair guy. Thankfully it wasn't the same guy who installed the line. Thank goodness for little miracles. hahaha.

I took two of the longest pieces of fiber line and wove them into the chainlink fence where the black raspberry bushes are as a reminder to always check for fiber line.

*sigh*
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Return to “Wyrmspear”