The Ninth Adventure

Mushgnome's Hobbet-centric PBP

Moderator: mushgnome

Posts: 2721
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm
Location: Upper Miskatonic Valley

Post by mushgnome » Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:50 pm

Re: The Ninth Adventure

Kiplyn is quiet as a mouse. He sneaks ahead to the very limit of the party's torchlight and makes a Listen check. (Assuming he doesn't light a torch, since that would give away his position; 1d6=5, success. Listen check rolled in secret, 1d6=?.) He is sure of it: he definitely hears the sound of 1 large creature, snoring, from the tunnel to the north.

Robur determines the sides of the spire are vertical and slick. The spire fills the room from floor to ceiling. For all you know, you could be looking at a small cross-section of a larger object that is embedded vertically in the earth.

Dame Simonetta touches it, and nothing bad happens. The black stone feels cold and unnatural, like something that "should not be." The owl medallion is not amused (but, as usual, only Dame Simonetta can hear its agitated thrumming).

Posts: 1941
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am
Location: San Diego, Ca

Post by mgtremaine » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:09 pm

Re: The Ninth Adventure

Since Kiplyn can'r see in the dark their is no point in trying go any further, he would sneak back and whisper to the others. "Something big is sleeping just north of here, it's too dark to see anything so we'll have be on our toes if we want to go that way.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 6 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=55]The Grey Company[/f]

Posts: 181
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:21 pm

Post by Bastet1002 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:58 am

Re: The Ninth Adventure

"I vote one of us shines a little light on the thing," says Robur. "Just to see what in the Shire we're up against! Yes, that is a plan I can drink to."
Are the corridors around the spire wide enough for a large beast like I bear to squirm through?
Robur Boulderhill, Hobbit Fighter 1 / Druid 1 / Thief 1 (MV 12", AC 6 - w/ shield, , HP 7) leather, wood shield, cudgel, sling, Hobbit stiletto, boots high hard, hooded cloak, backpack, scroll cure lit. wound + wat breath, Background: Mead maker

Posts: 2721
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm
Location: Upper Miskatonic Valley

Post by mushgnome » Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:35 pm

Re: The Ninth Adventure

Bastet1002 wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:58 am
Are the corridors around the spire wide enough for a large beast like I bear to squirm through?
A giant bear (or sloth) could move through this area, no problem. The manure smell from the southwest suggests an animal has been here recently.

Posts: 945
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm
Location: Gibsons, BC, Canada

Post by kipper » Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:35 pm

Re: The Ninth Adventure

Dame Simonetta pulls her hand back from the spire. She wonders what might happen over time to a creature that makes its home near such an object. On high alert now, she draws her sword.

If the party decides to proceed, she will lead the way northward very slowly and quietly.

Posts: 181
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:21 pm

Post by Bastet1002 » Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:36 am

Re: The Ninth Adventure

Robur follows Dame trying to move silently and stick to shadows (as much as as possible with a torch) with his famous dagger drawn. Robur thinks to himself, "I think I shall call my dagger Sharp Mead!"
Robur Boulderhill, Hobbit Fighter 1 / Druid 1 / Thief 1 (MV 12", AC 6 - w/ shield, , HP 7) leather, wood shield, cudgel, sling, Hobbit stiletto, boots high hard, hooded cloak, backpack, scroll cure lit. wound + wat breath, Background: Mead maker

Posts: 1941
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am
Location: San Diego, Ca

Post by mgtremaine » Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:55 pm

Re: The Ninth Adventure

Kiplyn thinks for moment. "We could try to lure the beast into range of our stones, that is if it is aggressive. Someone would have to go wake itup and then run back towards us."
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 6 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=55]The Grey Company[/f]

Posts: 2040
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm
Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post by ehiker133 » Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:22 pm

Re: The Ninth Adventure

Bastet1002 wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:36 am
Robur follows Dame trying to move silently and stick to shadows (as much as as possible with a torch) with his famous dagger drawn. Robur thinks to himself, "I think I shall call my dagger Sharp Mead!"
You literally cannot stick to shadows while holding a torch.
Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) leather, short sword+main gauche

Posts: 2040
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm
Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post by ehiker133 » Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:24 pm

Re: The Ninth Adventure

Dougal rotates around the pyramid going the opposite direction of the Dame. He DOES try to hide in the shadows, in case he's left with an opportunity to attack from behind.
Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) leather, short sword+main gauche

Posts: 945
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm
Location: Gibsons, BC, Canada

Post by kipper » Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:40 pm

Re: The Ninth Adventure

ehiker133 wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:22 pm
Bastet1002 wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:36 am
Robur follows Dame trying to move silently and stick to shadows (as much as as possible with a torch) with his famous dagger drawn. Robur thinks to himself, "I think I shall call my dagger Sharp Mead!"
You literally cannot stick to shadows while holding a torch.
Are you sure, I'd bet Chuck Norris could hide in his own shadow! :lol:

Return to “Hobbets of Hornpipe”

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Designed by ST Software.