Out Of Character

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:26 pm

Re: Out Of Character

sully wrote:Ways, why did you re-roll Dorgan's HP when he didn't level?
Yes; as per usual I re-rolled everyone's hit points after a "between adventures" rest. I.e., whenever you "cash in" your earned XP I will re-roll your hit points, whether you leveled up or not.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by ehiker133 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:15 pm

mgtremaine wrote:Lol the chatty ones have taken us over 16000 posts. Score I smell another level. :lol:
If you are referring to me... Then yes, I have been known to be called "verbose" on occasion. ;)

Mush, what I mean is that we are attempting to keep the OOC thread clean from this point on. :) We have to start somewhere. Let's use the tools we've been given to affect the change!
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by mushgnome » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:32 pm

Merctime wrote:
mushgnome wrote:If you are referring to me, I am now 100% thoroughly spoiled
Quick!! Get him back in the freezer!!! :lol:
At his age, Highbough doesn't even buy green bananas any more.
ehiker133 wrote:Mush, what I mean is that we are attempting to keep the OOC thread clean from this point on. :)
I once knew an orc from Nantucket...

(whoops, sorry... I'll try to keep it clean from now on)
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by ehiker133 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:08 pm

WOTE, I guess the Vital Statistics table needs to be updated...

http://forum.immersiveink.com/viewtopic ... 757#p10757
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:27 pm

ehiker133 wrote:WOTE, I guess the Vital Statistics table needs to be updated...

http://forum.immersiveink.com/viewtopic ... 757#p10757
Yes.

It's actually a bit of a mission because I need to do a massive overhaul to my PCs spreadsheet (again!). I have been looking at it and feeling a bit daunted :?

One issue has been that Google sheets doesn't support a single sheet big enough to hold all the info for all the PCs, which means I need to split it into multiple sheets. 'Tis a bit of a hassle, but it's doable.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:34 pm

FYI-- I've moved a few OOC posts to do with the current in-game situation into the in-game thread.

I'll keep doing this for a while longer and see how it goes, but so far I'm quite liking the way the grey OOC column (in-game) clearly shows whether a post is advancing the in-game situation or not.

I also liked how it was possible for Mushgnome to interject an OOC comment relevant to the in-game context (while his PC is elsewhere) without interrupting the flow of in-game posts ;)

Post by ehiker133 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:40 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:Yes.

It's actually a bit of a mission because I need to do a massive overhaul to my PCs spreadsheet (again!). I have been looking at it and feeling a bit daunted :?

One issue has been that Google sheets doesn't support a single sheet big enough to hold all the info for all the PCs, which means I need to split it into multiple sheets. 'Tis a bit of a hassle, but it's doable.
Ah, sorry, mate. I know what that can feel like...

Post by heartless » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:55 pm

Hey waysoftheearth, how do you do that cool OOC thing on the side? :mrgreen:

Do I need to manually type blah1 [/i c] [o c] blah2 [/o c] or is there a short cut?
[Hinderlands]Kianna the Elf Sister-Fighter-Medium, Elf Maiden, Fighter/MU/Cleric 1/1/1
[Hinterlands-Netherworld] Ashtad Engel (the flaming arrow), Human Maiden, Marksman 2
[Moria] Lady Éohild (Noble of Rohan), Human Women, Fighter 3

Post by ehiker133 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:36 pm

heartless wrote:Hey waysoftheearth, how do you do that cool OOC thing on the side? :mrgreen:

Do I need to manually type blah1 [/i c] [o c] blah2 [/o c] or is there a short cut?

No shortcuts as of yet, though they would be nice to have.

But, yeah, just manually add the opening and closing tags, like you have above but without the space. So...

<ic>Talking stuff.</ic>
<oc>Thinking stuff.</oc>

(But with [] brackets instead of <> brackets.)

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:06 am

I've been manually typing it up until now, but I'll look into adding some buttons as time allows...

Return to “Hinterlands”