Out Of Character

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by mgtremaine » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:43 pm

Re: Out Of Character

sully wrote:I'm actually a bit excited to see what Dorgan's nickname will be, now that he's at "Hero" level.
I don;t know but Wolfbane comes to mind. Dorgan took a lot damage on the chin during that fight and didn't flinch. It was awesome!
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by sully » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:50 pm

mgtremaine wrote:I don;t know but Wolfbane comes to mind. Dorgan took a lot damage on the chin during that fight and didn't flinch. It was awesome!
That might not be my favorite battle, since I had to retreat. I need to go back and re-read some of the earlier threads to remind me of his greatest hits.

It's probably going to end up being Oozebane or Ironfoot, the way things are going.
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by mgtremaine » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:19 pm

It stands out because I saw 2d6 damage come up 6,5 and thought oh no.... But lucky Dorgan had the most HP, a dwarf go figure.

I like to ooze battle because I actually did damage and got to be helpful. yay team. But yeah maybe something related to Ironfoot, something that shows he ability to take a punch.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by danhem » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:42 pm

mgtremaine wrote:The greedy player in me who wants to buy armor purposes the coin divide as

Pre Warg Take

157sp , 100gp with 12 shares (including Guntram who I assume will retire with the Elves)

8gp 16sp 8cp per share

Warg Battle + Rufus

1gp 47sp 124cp with 13 shares (with Guntrum still)

5sp 3cp +(4cp left over, give it to Beringar since he is getting the least)

Anyone have a problem with a the coin split up front?
Not to add another cook to the kitchen, but if Beringar does not want to take a share of the coin then it's 12 shares total (Olaf, HIghbough, Torben, Ulric, Dieter, Josiane, Dorgan, Gustave, Armando, Desmond, Wen, and Guntram), unless I'm forgetting someone.

Total coin: 101 gp, 204 sp, 124 cp

Each share: 8 gp, 17 sp, 10 cp

Left over: 5 gp, 4 cp

We could use the leftover funds to purchase provisions (a lot of well wrapped, neatly packed on our backs provisions), or maybe slip some in Beringar's pack when he isn't looking (he did rush to our aid after all).

Post by mushgnome » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:49 pm

Highbough spends his entire share on lembas. How he's missed Elfish cuisine!
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by sully » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:26 pm

mgtremaine wrote:It stands out because I saw 2d6 damage come up 6,5 and thought oh no.... But lucky Dorgan had the most HP, a dwarf go figure.

I like to ooze battle because I actually did damage and got to be helpful. yay team. But yeah maybe something related to Ironfoot, something that shows he ability to take a punch.
Well, there was the jumping two-handed chop that took out the golem under the manse in Ket.

There were the double 20s on the grell when Dieter was close to death. A running leap off the side of a bookcase, no less.

And then there was grabbing Wen's staff in mid-air and delivering the death blow to the ooze under the monastery.

Sounds like it's gonna be Dorgan the Acrobat!
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:04 pm

ehiker133 wrote:So... Are we leveled now?
Not yet... we need to do a treasure split so I can allocate the remaining XP properly. Then you'll officially level, and I'll update the vital stats sheet.
ehiker133 wrote:I tried to check the vital statistics table, but it appears to be down...
The vital stats sheet is hosted by Google so it's unlikely to have be down... more likely that something in between was temporarily broken, but it seems to be all working okay now.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:10 pm

ehiker133 wrote:Oh, does Desmond pick up a title once he hits lvl 4, too? If so, is that something you make up, WOTE? Hope so...
Yes, everyone who reaches "hero" status (4th level) will find that rumour/legend of their exploits have begun to circulate... I'll have the public invent a name based on what the individual PC is best know for.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:18 pm

Regarding the treasure shares...

...it is wholly up to the players to split the loot, but keep in mind that:
1) Guntram is now an NPC so he is entitled to only a half share,
2) The lawful types should want Rufus' gear AND his (half?) share of the loot returned to his kin.
3) Beringar could accept some coin as an advance on future earnings, if he wanted to. At the very least he'd be entitled to have his week worth of supplies replaced--those were worth 14 sp.

Post by mgtremaine » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:25 pm

Alrighty you heard the DM we need to split the stuff. :)

If Guntrum gets 1/2 share as NPC the other half we already calculated could be sent to Rufus family. No need to recalculate anything. If our new friend wants no coins lets buy him some foodstuffs and maybe fix up his equipment before we set off. Use the 5gp 4cp as a slush fund for these things...

Fair?

I think Ulric's detect magic is key to deal with before we can actually figure out what's up for grabs....

Return to “Hinterlands”