The Eighth Adventure

Mushgnome's Hobbet-centric PBP

Moderator: mushgnome

Posts: 1393
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Sat May 14, 2022 3:27 pm

Re: The Eighth Adventure

"Alright, everybody stick together in marching order! And keep quiet as possible. Something biggish and probably dangerous has been through here. Let's go take a look at the supply chest."

Willie wants to see how the chest was opened, what was taken, and whether it looks like intelligent sabotage and theft, or destruction by an animal in search of food.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 2440
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm
Location: Upper Miskatonic Valley

Post by mushgnome » Mon May 16, 2022 10:47 pm

Re: The Eighth Adventure

Willie sees tiny file marks suggesting the lock was picked and the supply chest was systematically looted by someone who knew the value of the items! There's nothing left; the thieves even took bulky lower-value items like torches and ropes.

It's very different from the damage to the puffballs, which seems more like the work of a hungry animal.

Posts: 2440
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm
Location: Upper Miskatonic Valley

Post by mushgnome » Mon May 16, 2022 11:00 pm

Re: The Eighth Adventure

Just then a little blue man appears at the opposite end of the puffball cavern! He is coming from the west, through the broken secret door. He's three feet tall, but with a stunted body and an oversized head.

Neither side is surprised. Dame Simonetta is the first to see the blue-skinned humanoid. He sees her and draws his sword, but does not immediately attack. He's kind of giving her a wary side-eye.

Image

Posts: 83
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:21 pm

Post by Bastet1002 » Mon May 16, 2022 11:51 pm

Re: The Eighth Adventure

Robur eventually sees the scene after the other - a diminutive (even shorter than a Hobbit) impish blue man! Robur uses his late arrival to try and hide in darker areas of the cavern (hide in shadows) and gets ready to cast entangle if there are enough plants for that. If there are not enough plants, Robur readies his sling to fire.
Robur Boulderhill, Hobbit Fighter 1 / Druid 1 / Thief 1 (MV 12", AC 6 - with shield, , HP 5/7) leather, wood shield, cudgel, sling, Hobbit stiletto, boots high hard, hooded cloak, backpack, Spells: entangle, Background: Mead maker

Posts: 1993
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm
Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post by ehiker133 » Tue May 17, 2022 1:23 pm

Re: The Eighth Adventure

Dougal turns from the looted chest to the blue man and scowls, "You do this, you thievin' smurf?"
Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) leather, short sword+main gauche

Posts: 804
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Post by kipper » Tue May 17, 2022 2:00 pm

Re: The Eighth Adventure

Dame Simonetta also draws her sword and main-gauche, mirroring the actions of the blue man but not yet attacking.

Posts: 2440
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm
Location: Upper Miskatonic Valley

Post by mushgnome » Tue May 17, 2022 3:03 pm

Re: The Eighth Adventure

I'll wait for a few more players before moving forward, but I wanted to answer @Bastet1002's question, in case it influences anyone's action:
Bastet1002 wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 11:51 pm
Robur eventually sees the scene after the other - a diminutive (even shorter than a Hobbit) impish blue man! Robur uses his late arrival to try and hide in darker areas of the cavern (hide in shadows) and gets ready to cast entangle if there are enough plants for that. If there are not enough plants, Robur readies his sling to fire.
OOC: That's a good question, and the answer is yes: In this campaign, our version of Entangle spell works not just on surface plants, but also on underground fungi. Robur thinks, if the party retreats on Round 1, and the 'smurf' pursues into the area of the puffballs, it would set everything up perfectly for his Entangle spell on Round 2.

Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:52 pm

Post by dtspurrier » Tue May 17, 2022 8:46 pm

Re: The Eighth Adventure

bilfur has his sling out ready to shoot the imp

Posts: 1393
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Tue May 17, 2022 9:58 pm

Re: The Eighth Adventure

Willie gets ready for a scrap, hefting his warhammer, though he'd rather talk if the creature is willing to answer Dougal's question. He waits to see if it will.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 1849
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am
Location: San Diego, Ca

Post by mgtremaine » Tue May 17, 2022 10:25 pm

Re: The Eighth Adventure

Kiplyn backs up slowly and looks for a shadowy nook to hide in.
Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 6 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling

Return to “Hobbets of Hornpipe”

cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Designed by ST Software.