Delve the 7th

Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

Posts: 873
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post by coffee » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:21 pm

Re: Delve the 7th

Rhod doesn't have any silver weapons, so he'll be moving back through the party if we find any wraiths. He'll be happy to engage lesser undead,though.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Posts: 1812
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:29 pm

Re: Delve the 7th

As the party spreads out, you hear a scream from the back of the party. A huge gelatinous mass, so transparent that you can almost see through it to the other side, roughly cubed shaped, has surprised the rear of the party from the eastern passageway. On the front of the cube are two foot-wide black spots, spaced diagonally like the two spots on a dice. From out of those spots come pseudopods that lash at Ori and Dori. Both are seared with damage, and Ori slumps to the floor, paralyzed

The party can now react!
MECHANICS
Gelatinous Dice rolls 5, party is surprised
Gelatinous Dice rolls a 2 for number of spots on this face
Gelatinous Cube attacks Ori, rolls 11, hits for <1d6>=1 damage
Ori, save vs Paralyzation, rolls 2 - fail
Gelatinous Cube attacks Dori, rolls 19, hits for <1d6>=2 damage
Dori, save vs Paralyzation, rolls 18 - success

Posts: 1184
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:53 am

Re: Delve the 7th

Wiglaff shouts the following orders:

"Phillippe, drag Ori to safety!"

Wiglaff's in the center of the marching order, but if he can he will move through the ranks toward the Gelatinous Die and attack with his battle axe!
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 513
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Post by kipper » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:23 am

Re: Delve the 7th

Maloof flattens himself to the side of the passage, leaving room for those who wish to slip past and attack the monster. He takes out his sling, and if no-one is attempting to pass by him he whirls it around and lets a stone fly in the cube's direction, over the heads of his comrades.

Posts: 1812
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:31 pm

Re: Delve the 7th

DM: The cube is so tall that I will let people fire into melee at -2, and they won't hit their own folks

Posts: 1817
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm
Location: Upper Miskatonic Valley

Post by mushgnome » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:55 pm

Re: Delve the 7th

Franklin fires a sling stone over the heads of his friends.

Posts: 873
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post by coffee » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:34 pm

Re: Delve the 7th

I doubt if Rhod can get back there to fight it, but he'll try.

If that proves impossible, he'll stay at the front and keep an eye out for trouble coming from that way.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Posts: 708
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm
Location: Southern Quebec

Post by merias » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:49 pm

Re: Delve the 7th

Aldbane starts when he hears the scream, but quickly regains his composure and moves back to help drag Ori out of melee. He will use the staff of healing to try and cure his paralysis.
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 3 hp 13/13) plate+shield+helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing[/f]

Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:08 am
Location: Guelph, Upper Canada

Post by SneakeyPete » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:43 pm

Re: Delve the 7th

Grampus stabs the left black spot of the gelatinous being with his magic sword.

Posts: 158
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 3:27 pm
Location: The Necropolis of Nuromen

Post by Vile » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:31 am

Re: Delve the 7th

"Oh, indeed oh goodness, what's that?" exclaims young Llewllyn as he tries awkwardly to make his way back to offer succor to Ori.

"Oh, sorry, pardon my elbow sir, was that your eye? Excuse me, excuse me, oops, mind my foot, clumsy me."
By the way, has anyone looted Catweazle's body taken Catweazle's possessions into safe keeping?

Return to “Gorthaur's Madness”

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Designed by ST Software.