Delve the 7th

Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

Posts: 1793
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:01 pm

Re: Delve the 7th

acodispo wrote:"I think that's a good idea, Franklin, but first let's just take a look. Somebody please stand guard!"

Wiglaff will go north into the hanging-globe room & give the situation a thorough look-see.

Any openings in the glass ball?
How is it attached to the chain?
How's the chain attached to the ceiling?

He'll also take a turn around the room with an eye out for hidden openings in the walls.
No openings in the glass ball
At the top of the glass globe is a glass loop, to which the chain is attached
The chain is attached via a simple hook

Posts: 157
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 3:27 pm
Location: The Necropolis of Nuromen

Post by Vile » Wed May 01, 2019 10:36 am

Re: Delve the 7th

Makofan wrote:DM: I am assuming that everybody is looking, but not touching
After a quick look, Catweazle starts prodding and poking and trying to twist and move parts of the statues. He starts with the one east of the door they entered by and works his way around the room anti-clockwise. Ivar and Sigmund, after a surreptitious shared glance and roll of the eyes, follow him at what they take to be a safe distance (about 10 feet away from Catweazle).

Posts: 1793
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Thu May 02, 2019 2:54 pm

Re: Delve the 7th

Catweazle lags a bit behind the others as they leave the room, and tries to manipulate the statue. It looks at him, then lashes out with its trident. The other 8 statues animate and ready their weapons

DM: Catweazle has bad AC and HP; does he want to parry and give the attacker -4 to attack, or does he want to forgo the parry for an attempt to escape if he is not killed by the statue?

Posts: 157
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 3:27 pm
Location: The Necropolis of Nuromen

Post by Vile » Thu May 02, 2019 3:15 pm

Re: Delve the 7th

"Ech! Ach! Somnabulent statuary! Animated avatars! Away! Ivar, Sigmund, don't stand there gaping, do something! Tche!" :shock:

Catweazle attempts to block the trident with his staff in the hope that help will arrive and he can retreat before the next attack.

Posts: 1162
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Thu May 02, 2019 4:19 pm

Re: Delve the 7th

If Wiglaff can hear the commotion in the statue room he'll race back in there to help Catweazle out!

If possible: he'll join forces with Ivar & Sigmund to shield the fragile magic-user during a retreat northward to join the rest of the party.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 702
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm
Location: Southern Quebec

Post by merias » Thu May 02, 2019 7:40 pm

Re: Delve the 7th

I think Aldbane would have been waiting in the statue room anyway, so he'll run over to assist Catweazle and his henchmen. "There are too many, quickly, retreat!" he says, following the others north.
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 3 hp 13/13) plate+shield+helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing[/f]

Posts: 1773
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post by mushgnome » Thu May 02, 2019 10:33 pm

Re: Delve the 7th

Franklin was standing in between the two rooms, sling in hand, trying to calculate the optimum shot at the glass globe. When he hears the commotion to his south, he yells, "Quick! Retreat into the corridor before you get swarmed."

If Franklin gets a clear shot without risk of hitting his friends, he will lay down covering fire with his sling. If his position is overrun, then he will parry with his dagger and just try to stay alive.

Posts: 487
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Post by kipper » Fri May 03, 2019 2:39 pm

Re: Delve the 7th

Maloof, with great foresight and consideration for his fellow PCs, quickly retreats further down the corridor to make room for the others as they leave the room.

Posts: 1793
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Sun May 05, 2019 9:55 pm

Re: Delve the 7th

Vile wrote:"Ech! Ach! Somnabulent statuary! Animated avatars! Away! Ivar, Sigmund, don't stand there gaping, do something! Tche!" :shock:

Catweazle attempts to block the trident with his staff in the hope that help will arrive and he can retreat before the next attack.
The staue is impaccably deadly, and stabs Catweazle three times, ending his life abruptly

With all nine statues now activated, what are the other characters' actions?
Statue attacks three times, rolling 15-4=11, 14-4=10, 16-4=12, hitting all three times
Catweazle takes 2, 4 and 5 = 11 damage, killing him

Posts: 864
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post by coffee » Mon May 06, 2019 12:45 pm

Re: Delve the 7th

"Everybody out and we'll slam the door!"Rhod shouts. (Is anybody still in the room?)
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Return to “Gorthaur's Madness”

cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Designed by ST Software.