Delve the Sixth

Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

Posts: 513
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Post by kipper » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:33 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

Maloof stands well clear of the melee, but will attack the creature with his mace if it somehow breaks through our ranks.

Posts: 158
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 3:27 pm
Location: The Necropolis of Nuromen

Post by Vile » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:18 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

Catweazle lets fly his colour spray and sharpishly steps back while Ivar and Sigurd lower their spears to intercept the monster if it comes their way.

"Egads! Your knees, young masters, ward your knees! Tche! Away, foul fowl!"

Posts: 1811
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:45 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

DM: I rule that only beings facing the caster are affected, so the players do not have to worry about being caught in the Color Spray
Catweazle unleashes a dazzling blast of colors, and when your vision clears, you see the monster unconscious on the floor
Monster rolls saving throw vs spells <1d20> = 8 fail

Posts: 1182
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:54 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

"Well done, Catweazle!"

Wiglaff claps politely.

How big is the creature? If it can be safely stuffed into a sack (without touching the tail) we could perhaps sell it to Groth.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 1811
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:04 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

About 4 feet long. Maybe a couple sacks would suffice. I am sure Groth would love a pet cockatrice to go with his manticore and ape

Posts: 873
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post by coffee » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:22 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

"We'll have to move sharply, then," Rhod says. "Before it wakes up."
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Posts: 1182
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:35 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

Wiglaff's porter Edgar has a couple of large sacks. Acting very carefully so as not to touch the thing's tail, Wiglaff stuffs the creature rear-first into one sack, then puts another over the head, and ties the bundle with rope so it can't struggle.

Off to Groth's place!
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 513
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Post by kipper » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:39 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

"Heigh ho, let's go!" Maloof says eagerly. If possible, he'll walk near the encased beast, ready to strike with his mace if he notes any movement or wriggling, hopefully to knock it unconscious again!

Posts: 1811
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:28 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

You hastily retrace your steps without encountering any opposition. Groth is delighted to see you. When apprised of the cockatrice, he laughs in delight

"My friends, you have depleted my gold reserves, but these two rings are easily worth 1000 gold each" He pulls off his fingers two gold rings set with a large ruby. "I will trade you my rings for the beast?"

Posts: 1811
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm
Location: Upper Miskatonic Valley

Post by mushgnome » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:44 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

Franklin's eyes light up when he sees the rings. Oooooooooooohhhhh.....

Sconces sits and wags his tail like a good boy.

Return to “Gorthaur's Madness”

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Designed by ST Software.