Mushgnome's Members

A place to generate PC parties for fight club.

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:38 am

Re: Mushgnome's Members

Nice one @mushgnome :)

Note that hobbets replace composite- and longbows with short bows.

You've also caused me to notice an omission in the Arms & Armor Selection table in the Players Quick Starter: hobbets should also replace the large two-handed weapons with something more manageable. For now, let's replace that 6ft two-handed sword with a regular sword & shield.

You may (or may not) have noticed in the most recent Fight, that it could be worthwhile specifying a couple of players having lit lamps or lanterns at the ready ;)
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:33 am

Those minor tweaks aside, are we all good to go?? Fight Club awaits!
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by mushgnome » Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:58 am

Seighild le Frur [Abbot, MV 9 ′′ , AC 3, HD 2 + 1, hp 9, FC 2 men, SV C3]. Plate armor, helm, morning star. Protection from evil and cure light wounds spells. Backpack, rations, water skin, silver cross, Holy water, silver mirror, mallet & stakes, garlic.

Archie the Monster Hunter (dwarf veteran) Plate armor, 2-handed sword, dagger, backpack, rations, iron rations, water skin, 3 silver arrows (which he loans to Bargle), silver dagger, wolvesbane, belladonna.

Bargle the Burglar (hobbet warrior) Mail, short bow & arrows, dagger, backpack, rations, water skin, small sack, tinderbox,
lantern, 2 flasks of oil, grapple & 50ft rope, pouch of marbles.

Clem the Carpenter (friar) Padded armor, cudgel & shield, wooden cross, backpack, iron rations, water skin, tinderbox, 12 torches, brace drill, hammer, tin of nails, memorized spell: protection from evil.

Dock the Trapper (hobbet warrior) Plate, spear & shield, dagger, backpack, rations, water skin, tinderbox & 6 torches,
hooded cloak, small sack, game snare, wolvesbane.

Esau the Tracker (hobbet warrior) Plate, sword & shield, dagger, backpack, rations, water skin, lantern, 2 flask of oil,
hooded cloak, 50ft of rope, manacles, seeing lens.

Freya the Freebooter (hobbet warrior) Plate, spear & shield, hand axe, backpack, iron rations, water skin, tinderbox &
6 torches, 2 flasks of oil, crowbar, pouch of knuckle bones, 2 large sacks.

Glitch the Crusader (medium) Dagger, scroll of sleep, backpack, rations, water skin, silver cross, 2 wooden crosses, holy water, tinderbox, 12 torches, memorized spell: sleep.

Marching order (Bargle and Esau's lanterns are lit, and Glitch carries a lit torch)

S E
D F
A C
B G
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:07 am

Nice.

I see Archie has.... grown a beard? and we are suddenly down to 50% hobbets :D

Let's get started!

Post by mushgnome » Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:17 am

All set to go!

Editorial suggestion for the Quickstart: I prefer standard class/level names like "1st level Fighter" or "2nd level Cleric."
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by mushgnome » Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:18 am

By the way I thought it was funny that I rolled Crusader background for the MU and Carpenter for the cleric, so I kept it like that (even though it's weird)!

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:21 am

Yeah, odd combinations are an interesting quirk of the tables. But I agree it's fun to work with this weird ones.

If it were a long-running campaign, those could make some of the most interesting characters!

Post by mgtremaine » Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:28 pm

6-headed hydra -> Time for studio audience to grab some popcorn.. Good luck little hobbits.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by mushgnome » Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:23 pm

Archie's never fought a hydra before, but how hard can it be? Just cut off the heads, snicker snack. Duh!

Post by mgtremaine » Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:20 pm

Glitch was too perfect... I appreciate the not trying to get metagamey and play it as it lays. God knows this is not the first time a sleep spell has screwed the party. I think there are some in the hinterlands threads also and I know in the DD intro games we had some. Aiming a Sleep spell in combat should be hard... With that said, munch munch Go Hobbits! :lol:
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Return to “Locker Room”