Delve the 10th

Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

Posts: 1066
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:42 pm

Re: Delve the 10th

mannclay wrote:That’s an excellent D20 you’re rolling for us players :)
Yeah, wow! Please keep using that die. :D

After cleaning his axe, Wiglaff suggests we pull down the curtain & check out the room the lizards came from.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 679
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm
Location: Southern Quebec

Post by merias » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:48 pm

Re: Delve the 10th

"Fine work, everyone," Aldbane says. He'll head into the room ahead of the curtain, scooping up the coins the first lizard was laying on.
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 3 hp 13/13) plate+shield+helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing[/f]

Posts: 1727
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:31 pm

Re: Delve the 10th

The room the lizards came from is 50' wide (E/W) by 40' tall (N/S). The south wall is centered on the 10'corridor you enter by. On the east wall, 20' up, is a corridor leading east. On the west wall, 30' up, is a corridor leading west. 30' of the south wall was obscured by a tapestry depicting Auroch the Golden slaying the12-legged beast, a well-known mythical feat.

The treasure gathered up consisted of 217 s.p., 525 g.p., and 4 pieces of jewellery, silver brooches with fine garnets in a butterfly pattern

Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:08 am
Location: Guelph, Upper Canada

Post by SneakeyPete » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:00 pm

Re: Delve the 10th

After getting up off the floor next to the slain lizard Grampus holsters his axe and follows the other in the room and says,”Glad you obliterated the lizard before he could turn around on me. Looks like we have some good loot and new passages to try out. Does anybody want to head east?”

Posts: 1727
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:23 pm

Re: Delve the 10th

Are people moving into the room and exploring?

Posts: 1066
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:45 pm

Re: Delve the 10th

"Ah, excellent!" mutters Wiglaff when he sees the gold & jewelry.

Does it look like the tapestry might have any worth? if so, how carry-able is it when rolled & folded?

What else was in the room? Columns?
How does the floor & ceiling look?

If it's easy enough to see most of the room (not obscured by columns), we move in: Wiglaff suggests to send half the party up each wall (west/east) till we can look down the corridors, then regroup in the middle & decide which way to go. Those with missiles should ready them while we explore this large room.

Wiglaff's also in favour of exploring east first, but wants to know at least what we can see down the west corridor before we move on.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 384
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Post by kipper » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:35 pm

Re: Delve the 10th

Maloof is curious as to what else may be behind the tapestry along the south wall (which I assume is the large curtain we need to pass under to enter the room?). Instead of passing under it into the main room, he instead passes between the tapestry and the wall, heading to the east. If nothing is discovered, and if there is further tapestry to the west of the entrance, he will repeat this task but to the west of the entrance instead.

Posts: 817
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post by coffee » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:13 pm

Re: Delve the 10th

acodispo wrote:Those with missiles should ready them while we explore this large room.
Good idea. Rhod readies his bow and stands watch where he can cover the most of the room.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Posts: 1611
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post by mushgnome » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:47 pm

Re: Delve the 10th

Franklin helps search behind the tapestries and the lower corners of the room, for details the taller folk might overlook.

Posts: 1727
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:08 am

Re: Delve the 10th

acodispo wrote:"Ah, excellent!" mutters Wiglaff when he sees the gold & jewelry.

Does it look like the tapestry might have any worth? if so, how carry-able is it when rolled & folded?

What else was in the room? Columns?
How does the floor & ceiling look?

If it's easy enough to see most of the room (not obscured by columns), we move in: Wiglaff suggests to send half the party up each wall (west/east) till we can look down the corridors, then regroup in the middle & decide which way to go. Those with missiles should ready them while we explore this large room.

Wiglaff's also in favour of exploring east first, but wants to know at least what we can see down the west corridor before we move on.
The tapestry might be quite valuable. But to take it down and roll it, it would be about 10 feet long and about a yard in diameter

There are standard columns in the four corners, and one more along the north wall, opposite the south door

Floor and ceiling look pretty standard stone.

The west corridor goes 50' to a door, with a door on the north wall at the 20' section, and an opening on the south wall at the 30' section

Return to “Gorthaur's Madness”

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Designed by ST Software.