Delve the 10th

Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

Posts: 1611
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post by mushgnome » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:50 pm

Re: Delve the 10th

Franklin won't make the first move. But he is ready.

Posts: 1727
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:21 pm

Re: Delve the 10th

coffee wrote:Well, Rhod has a magic sword. So he'll advance on the Gargoyle (assuming someone is with him) and strike it.
I am going to assume Grampus will advance with Rhod, as he also has a magic weapon

Posts: 1727
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:31 pm

Re: Delve the 10th

Rhod and Grampus approach aggressively, and the gargoyle springs to life, spreading its wings and claws, but the dynamic duo strike first and pulverize it into rubble with their magic weapons

MECHANICS
Initiative: Party 5, Monster 2

Rhod rolls 18+1=19, hits for 3 damage
Grampus rolls 14+1=15, hits for 7 damage
Gargoyle dies

Posts: 384
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Post by kipper » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:43 pm

Re: Delve the 10th

Maloof goes to investigate the chest, but doesn't touch it yet. (He has a Find Traps spell handy if it looks like we'll need it).

Posts: 1066
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:37 pm

Re: Delve the 10th

"Well done, Rhod, Grampus! Come men, let's take a peek into the next room."

Wiglaff, surrounded by his men-at-arms, goes to look through the doorway into the next room.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 1727
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:18 am

Re: Delve the 10th

For the mapper: This second room has a corridor leading west on the south part of the west wall. It goes 10' to a door
In the NW corner of this room is a fairly sizeable chest, closed

Posts: 1066
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:28 pm

Re: Delve the 10th

Alright, while Maloof checks out the chest Wiglaff & his men will listen at the door.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 1727
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:09 am

Re: Delve the 10th

acodispo wrote:Alright, while Maloof checks out the chest Wiglaff & his men will listen at the door.
He hears a lot of shrill squawking

Posts: 817
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post by coffee » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:17 pm

Re: Delve the 10th

Rhod looks up at the mention of squawking. He goes over to the door.

He holds up his sword. Does it understand any of the squawking?
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Posts: 384
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Post by kipper » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:59 pm

Re: Delve the 10th

Maloof makes a detailed examination of the chest. Are there any unusual marks or holes on the floor, walls, or ceiling around the chest? Or on the chest itself? How does the chest open? Does it have a latch or a lock? Is it made of wood, with metal lock/hinges? Are the hinges exposed? Are there carry-handles on the outside of the chest? Is the chest sitting flush against the wall, or out in the open? By "fairly sizeable" I'm thinking roughly 1m x 0.5m x 0.5m?

If anything looks suspicious, Maloof will cast Find Traps.

If everything looks fine, Maloof will first attempt to move the chest across the floor to see if anything happens (he will avoid standing in front of the chest, and will avoid using any carry-handles if present. Rather, he will lie on the floor and use his feet to push the chest. If this goes off smoothly (whether or not he is successful, the chest may be too heavy), he will attempt to open the chest by crouching to the side and using his mace to lift the lid. If there is some sort of latching mechanism which would require greater manual dexterity, he will attempt to use his wooden cross as a proxy to manipulate the lock/latch, again carefully crouching or lying as low and as far to the side as he is able while doing so.

Return to “Gorthaur's Madness”

cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Designed by ST Software.