Delve the 10th

Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

Posts: 1735
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:39 am

Re: Delve the 10th

acodispo wrote:
Can we see enough of the room to know whether or not Rhodan is alone? Any place out there for accomplices to be hiding?

"Excuse me, Sir Rhodan," says Wiglaff from behind several ranks of hearty fighting folk. "Don't jump to any conclusions. We're not even sure we want to explore this level -- we're just testing out the elevator. Though if we were disposed to explore here, how could you, one man, expect to stand against thirteen? Especially when we count several Heroes in our number!"
Makofan wrote:The elevator clanks down to the 3rd floor (you presume)
That "you presume" is sensible but also ominous. :D
It definitely looks like he is alone

"I eat heroes for breakfast. But perhaps discretion is the better part of valor. It would be a costly encounter for both of us. How about a good faith donation?"

Posts: 1625
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post by mushgnome » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:52 am

Re: Delve the 10th

Franklin chimes in and says, "Sir Rhodan, I am happy to pay you 50 gold for safe passage and information. What can you tell us of the dangers and challenges on this level? Are there any monsters or traps we should watch out for?" He jingles the coins in his purse to show he is sincere, but doesn't hand over the money yet.

Posts: 1735
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:42 pm

Re: Delve the 10th

"I have an idea. Why don't I accompany you for a bit, give advice on what I know, in return for an equal share of whatever treasure you uncover?"
| Sometimes you get a great result on the Reaction Table |

He steps aside to let you exit if you wish

Posts: 1073
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:23 pm

Re: Delve the 10th

"That is a very intriguing offer. I'm sure you understand we must discuss it amongst ourselves."

Wiglaff instructs his men-at-arms to keep an eye on Rhodan, while the group gathers into a huddle at the back of the elevator.

"What do you think, friends?" he asks quietly. "It could be helpful to have a knowledgeable guide on this level."
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 680
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm
Location: Southern Quebec

Post by merias » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:31 pm

Re: Delve the 10th

"This seems like a good offer to me," Aldbane says.
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 3 hp 13/13) plate+shield+helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing[/f]

Posts: 388
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Post by kipper » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:33 pm

Re: Delve the 10th

"Yes, as long as he takes the lead position!" Maloof advises.

Posts: 1625
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post by mushgnome » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:18 pm

Re: Delve the 10th

Franklin says, "I vote yes!"

Posts: 1073
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:46 pm

Re: Delve the 10th

I think we have a majority. :D

Wiglaff speaks to Rhodan: "Sir Rhodan, we accept your offer gladly, on the condition that you'll be willing to walk amongst our first rank & lead us through these unfamiliar halls. Now, do you know of some likely treasure on this level that a group like ours could claim or liberate?"
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 1735
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:33 pm

Re: Delve the 10th

| First, details for the mapper in the party |

The room is actually a 30' E/W x 50' N/S room. The elevator shaft is actually part of the room, occupying the middle north 10' square. The north wall just to the west of the elevator is open to a corridor that leads 10' to a door. On the east wall, 40' to the south, a corridor goes 10' to a door. On the west wall, in the 50' south section, a passage slants South-West

Posts: 1735
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:39 pm

Re: Delve the 10th

"Well, down this South West corridor,I explored and saw a room with a chest in it, but its approach was guarded by a winged beast of stone. My sword may no impact on it, and were it not for the fact that it stopped pursuing me after I made it back to this hall, I would not be alive to tell this tale. If you have some enchanted blades, we might be able to liberate the guarded treasure.

To the east, there is a room that had a few giant scorpions in it. I managed to kill all but one before fleeing. I leave that last one alone now. I believe it to be a dead end. To the north, there is a large room with many openings, guarded at time by a werewolf, a psychopathic sorcerer, and a cult of evil priests. I've staked out the elevator, but I dare not go lower alone, and I am cursed to not be able to exit the dungeon until I have amassed 5000 gold pieces"

Return to “Gorthaur's Madness”

cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Designed by ST Software.