Delve the Sixth


Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

User avatar

Posts: 137

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm

Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Post Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:41 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

"They have gone in the other direction, let us continue our plan to explore the great hall." Maloof replies.
User avatar

Posts: 533

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:15 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

"I agree!"
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf (M 12", AC 9, HD 1+2, hp 8/8, N) helm+cloak of elvenkind, short-bow, or helm+shield, hand-axe, color spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, Burglar-in-Training (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L)[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1121

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:42 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

You get back to the hall and the snake/worm/insect thing carcass is gone
User avatar

Posts: 533

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:21 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

Wiglaff stares in some consternation at the spot where the beast's body should be.

"Well, that's troubling. Nothing to be done about it, though! I suggest we do a proper investigation of the extent of this hall, and make sure we know where all the doors are, as well as take a glance down the north passage.

"Should we do this en masse, or just send us scouts ahead?"
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf (M 12", AC 9, HD 1+2, hp 8/8, N) helm+cloak of elvenkind, short-bow, or helm+shield, hand-axe, color spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, Burglar-in-Training (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L)[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1057

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:59 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

(If there are no objections) Franklin lets Sconces sniff the ground where the monster fell, then commands the dog to "seek."

Posts: 52

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:08 am

Location: Guelph, Upper Canada

Post Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:29 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

While the dog is sniffing and seeking Grampus checks the outside of the corridor for doors, traps and listens for sounds through the rock.
User avatar

Posts: 1121

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:45 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

mushgnome wrote:(If there are no objections) Franklin lets Sconces sniff the ground where the monster fell, then commands the dog to "seek."


| I see him as more of a pointer than a tracker. For game purposes, hiring the dog has given you almost immunity to surprise - I am reluctant to grant more than that. We can always discuss this |
User avatar

Posts: 1121

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:05 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

To save some time, here is the room you map

Image

The frescoes on the wall, when looked at together, point to the creation of men by aliens and then brought to this planet as an experiment - or something like that
User avatar

Posts: 533

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:13 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

Once the hall is mapped & the frescoes revealed, Wiglaff suggests:

"I hate to leave all these doors unchecked. Anything could be hiding behind them! Before we move on from the hall, shall we check each in turn?"
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf (M 12", AC 9, HD 1+2, hp 8/8, N) helm+cloak of elvenkind, short-bow, or helm+shield, hand-axe, color spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, Burglar-in-Training (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L)[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1057

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:23 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

Fair enough. Franklin checks for visual signs of the carcass being moved, like scuff marks or a trail of blood. "I hope it didn't reanimate like those bandit corpses. I'd hate to fight that thing a second time!"
PreviousNext

Return to Gorthaur's Madness

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software