Delve the Fifth

Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

Posts: 1727
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:56 pm

Re: Delve the Fifth

The standard operating procedure is practiced at the door, and when nothing is discovered or heard, the door is opened into a vast hall. You look to be in the south-east corner of it. What walls you can see seem to have some painted frescoes on them

| BORING GM MAPPING INSTRUCTIONS FOR ACODISPO
From your entry door, there is a wall stretching 20 feet south, where it turns and goes west for at least 30 feet. In the 20 foot section of the south wall is a door.

From your entry door, there is a wall stretching 20 feet north, then it is interrupted by a 10 foot gap, before likely continuing on northwards

From your entry door, there is 20 feet of space in front of you, then it hits a 10' square columnthat goes up to a ceiling 25 feet above you. |

Posts: 1066
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:59 pm

Re: Delve the Fifth

Wiglaff, speaking very quietly, suggests that he & Franklin scout out to the limits of lantern light while the party stays near their entrance door.

If this is agreed, Wiglaff will first head north & peer to the east down the break in the wall, then head across the room to the column & visually examine it in more detail.

On the way north, he'll stay close to the wall & examine the frescoes as he goes.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:27 am

Post by Ebon Hearted Soul » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:21 am

Re: Delve the Fifth

Vesh supports Wiglaff's plan.
Veshengo "Vesh the scarred" Polgár Magic-User 1
S: 7 I: 17 W: 9 Cn: 13 D: 13 Ch: 4 Gold: 28 Silver: 16 Copper: 10 HP: 5

Warrec "Chegs" Chegwidden Fighting-Hobbet 1
S:14 I:10 W:9 Co:9 D:10 Ch:8 Gold:2 Copper: 45 HP:5

Posts: 1611
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post by mushgnome » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:58 pm

Re: Delve the Fifth

Franklin scouts to the south and west. He listens at the door in the south wall.

Posts: 1727
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:15 pm

Re: Delve the Fifth

acodispo wrote:Wiglaff, speaking very quietly, suggests that he & Franklin scout out to the limits of lantern light while the party stays near their entrance door.

If this is agreed, Wiglaff will first head north & peer to the east down the break in the wall, then head across the room to the column & visually examine it in more detail.

On the way north, he'll stay close to the wall & examine the frescoes as he goes.

The east break goes 10 feet to a door. The wall contines at least 30 feet ppast the door

The fresco he passes is this:

Image

He notices that it looks like there is a pillar every 20 feet, stretching north. The pillars themselvs are massively thick, but otherwise unremarkable stone.

Posts: 1727
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:18 pm

Re: Delve the Fifth

mushgnome wrote:Franklin scouts to the south and west. He listens at the door in the south wall.
He hears nothing at the south door. Along the way he passes this fresco


Image

Posts: 1066
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:13 pm

Re: Delve the Fifth

Wiglaff returns to the group & describes what he's seen.

"I suggest we follow Franklin to the west & try that door."
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:27 am

Post by Ebon Hearted Soul » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:19 am

Re: Delve the Fifth

acodispo wrote:Wiglaff returns to the group & describes what he's seen.

"I suggest we follow Franklin to the west & try that door."
"I concur lets head west", says Vesh.
Veshengo "Vesh the scarred" Polgár Magic-User 1
S: 7 I: 17 W: 9 Cn: 13 D: 13 Ch: 4 Gold: 28 Silver: 16 Copper: 10 HP: 5

Warrec "Chegs" Chegwidden Fighting-Hobbet 1
S:14 I:10 W:9 Co:9 D:10 Ch:8 Gold:2 Copper: 45 HP:5

Posts: 817
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post by coffee » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:20 pm

Re: Delve the Fifth

"Sounds good to me," says Rhod.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Posts: 1611
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post by mushgnome » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:51 pm

Re: Delve the Fifth

Franklin falls into the marching order as the party moves to investigate "his" door.

Return to “Gorthaur's Madness”

cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Designed by ST Software.