04 - Ruin in the Moor

Mgtremaine's World of Tybor PBP

Moderator: mgtremaine

Post by doctorx » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:51 pm

Re: 04 - Ruin in the Moor

Hagwen

Hagwen wll take a moment to examine the door and surrounding walls/floor/ceiling for any sign of a trap.

Post by mgtremaine » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:40 am

Hagwen carefully goes over the door looking for signs of a trap... None are noted.

Rhegaer starts to test the strength of the door with his shoulder.... It seem quiet strong.

Alrik stands by looking at the door with one eye closed and then the the other.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by merias » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:03 am

"I sense magic is holding this door fast. Do not waste your strength, my good Rhegaer," Alrik says.

"Surely the enchantment will dissipate, but who can say when?"
Aldbane the Cleric (Level 5 MV 6" AC 2/3 HD 4 HP 18) plate +1, shield+2, helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing

Post by ehiker133 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:08 am

In the mean time, then, Rhegaer prepares his bow again, assuming the arrow protection spell will wear off before the door spell does...
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by okruse » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:57 pm

Phadian

I will check that Coln is breathing and see if he has any wounds that need tending. If he does I will bandage them carefully. Also if any previous wounds are there I will change the bandages and check the wounds are clean.

To the dog, petting him "He will be alright."

Post by mgtremaine » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:01 pm

ooc: Tell about how long you want to wait before any other actions. I have Rhegaer ready with his bow again, Hagwen would probably do the same. Phadian is tending wounds in the lab and guarding Coln. 10mins, 20mins, 30mins..... How long.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by ehiker133 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:02 pm

mgtremaine wrote:ooc: Tell about how long you want to wait before any other actions. I have Rhegaer ready with his bow again, Hagwen would probably do the same. Phadian is tending wounds in the lab and guarding Coln. 10mins, 20mins, 30mins..... How long.
Stepping back away from the door, out of hearing range, Rhegaer whispers, "Who knows how long that wizard lock will last. Let's make some noise in his lab like we're tearing the place up and try and draw him out. Hag and I can wait at the short range of our bows and take him if he opens the door. The rest start making noise... knock over tables, break benches and chairs. Let's piss 'em off."

OOC: this is just a plan; Rhegaer is open to other ideas.
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by CursedDice » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:19 am

OOC: Do we know what is behind that door? (I.E is it a room we have been in?) Because if so then there is the possibility we might know another way in and/or be able to block the wizard's escape. I can't do anything about it because I'm paralyzed, but just a thought.
"Role, not roll. People who can't accept that in D&D prove that, irl, they can't accept actually THINKING their way to a reward - they want everything to be fast and perfect. That's why real men play OD&D :p" -Me

Post by merias » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:12 pm

ehiker133 wrote:Stepping back away from the door, out of hearing range, Rhegaer whispers, "Who knows how long that wizard lock will last. Let's make some noise in his lab like we're tearing the place up and try and draw him out. Hag and I can wait at the short range of our bows and take him if he opens the door. The rest start making noise... knock over tables, break benches and chairs. Let's piss 'em off."

OOC: this is just a plan; Rhegaer is open to other ideas.
"Not a bad idea, Rhegaer, I can do this while you and Hagwne wait...but should we also wait until Coln is fit for action?"

If we decide to do this, Alrik will head back to the lab and start making noise.
Aldbane the Cleric (Level 5 MV 6" AC 2/3 HD 4 HP 18) plate +1, shield+2, helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing

Post by mgtremaine » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:10 pm

Play enters Fuzzy Time

Alrik, Rhegaer and Hagwen stand before the enspelled door debating what to do having listened, probed, and checked over the door quiet carefully. After about 10 minutes or so Alrik heads back up the corridor and tell Phadian what the is going on. Together they gather enough things to make a racket it hopes of goading Illmir out of his bolt hole.

Alrik judges that the distance is pretty far from room to lab so he brings some braziers and perhaps a chair into the intersection and starts up his ruse.

At his point 20 minutes has passed.

mgt's roll comes to 4 [4 on 1d6]

Return to “Edge of the Western Sea”