(053) Moonshine

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by mgtremaine » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:50 pm

Re: (053) Moonshine

Wen agrees. "I think we have to handle the problem is small steps. First we need the Hobbits cured so let us take the time to allow Josiane to study the staff. If she can unlock it's secrets then things become easier. The lockbox is also worth exploring during this time. But all this is just ground work as Dieter says we need to sneak into Ket." A few moments of silence from the Elf.

"We can try to use magic to contact the Sisters but in the end we will still need to enter Ket. If Rufus can be healed I propose we try to send a small group through his tunnels. Rufus, Olaf and Armando at the least. Perhaps one more but a small quiet group would be best. During the hours of Night Torben could myself and another to the opposite of the town from the tunnel entrance and using some magic we could create a distraction to pull the patrols towards us and way from our infiltrators. Then the distractors flee back to the ruins and hope for the the best. It's risky but the best I can think of given our situation, stealth and subterfuge"
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by mushgnome » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:11 pm

Highbough is up for some sneaking about. He's come too far to just sit idly by and starve to death.
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by danhem » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:42 pm

mgtremaine wrote:As the party makes it way back to the Ruins Wen wonder aloud to Ulric and Highbough. "Do you think that the Infinitesimal Summons could be used to convey messages? That is Ulric who knows the location of the sisters was able to focus his desire intensely on sending the summons to that location and return perhaps the en-spelled swarm could be used as to carry a written message and return with one? If food was not an issue we could test it out on a smaller scalar here in grasslands"
Ulric joins the others in the return to the ruins.

"I suppose that it is possible," Ulric says to Wen, "though I have never tried such a task before. The first problem is that you never know what will answer your call. The second is will the creature be willing to wait around for the message to be read and a new one written before returning. But it may be worth trying."

"Torben, how large an area did the encampment outside the walls cover? I could start a fire there and lessen the number of hobgoblins. It would certainly be distracting. Fires spread quickly in camps."

"We do have quite a bit invested in Ket," Ulric says. "Not just the security we paid to the Sisters, but also what we left behind in the manse which includes that sleeping dwarf."

Post by verhaden » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:00 pm

Torben

Torben looks back over to Ulrich. 'The forces are stationed roughly half a mile out -- some of the tents are bunched up and others are spread out. It's not very organized. If we were able to get a fire started in one of those clusters, that might be something.'

Post by Eris » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:38 pm

As the group heads back toward the ruins, Olaf will move out to one side to do some hunting. He is hunting for small game, but also for water. He plans to circle around the ruins and come back into them from the other side from Ket.
[f=4]Manfreid the Fighter (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 10/10, FC Man+1, N) silver mail+helm, sword+shield[/f]

Post by Tonneau » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:39 pm

danhem wrote: "Torben, how large an area did the encampment outside the walls cover? I could start a fire there and lessen the number of hobgoblins. It would certainly be distracting. Fires spread quickly in camps."
"Easy does it my dear Flamefingers...", says Gustave, laying a calming hand on Ulric's shoulder, "I too am keen to see more of your pyrotechnics - particularly if they involve combusting greenskins; but let us stay our hands until we are better informed...and our good dwarf here has some shoes", he adds, with a glance at Dorgan's soiled and battered feet.
[f=59]Wraislin [Intellectual Conjurer, MV 12′′, AC 9, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV M3, N] [/f]

Post by flightcommander » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:25 am

Armando blinks at this discussion of manses, secret tunnels, sleeping dwarfs, and inscrutable magics, elements of a tale unknown to him. As the party files back to the ruins, he mulls over the events of recent weeks ...

"I wonder where The Boar has landed in all of this? Surely such a personage is too canny to have fallen victim to these Hobgoblins — if we could but find his camp, we might fall in with them? And perhaps trade some looted coin for new boots, if nothing else?"
[f=4]Morin the Fighter/Medium (MV 12", AC 7, HD 2-2, hp 8/8, FC Man+1, N) scimitar+lantern[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:01 pm

verhaden wrote:OOC: ways, did Torben or anyone else see bodily or skeletal remains among the destruction?
Torben observed lots of dead animals, and several dead people (presumably farmers), among the burned farmsteads...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:03 pm

After a brief council of the present circumstances, the company agree -- somewhat reluctantly -- to turn about and return to the ruin. The grim reality of protracting their hungry existence beings to sink in as they march...

Olaf circles about in a wider route in search of water and game, while Highbough lingers behind to do some investigating of his own...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:08 pm

Check for encounters on the way back to the ruin d6

Check for hunting outcome d6

| Mushgnome; you posted both that Highbough would return to the ruins, then that he want to do some investigating. I've presumed your latter post should override your earlier one. Is that okay? Or do you want Highbough to return with everyone else? |

Return to “Hinterlands”