Out Of Character

Mushgnome's Lovecraftian PBP

Moderator: mushgnome

Post Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:16 pm

Re: Out Of Character

That is very Gygaxian of you. :)
Sounds good. Mayhap a few more light sources, and then just save the $$ for future needs.
Nobody ever catches Nuth.
The OSRIC Site and Wiki!

Post Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:04 pm

Based on the party's current predicament: holy water?

Post Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:06 pm

mushgnome wrote:Based on the party's current predicament: holy water?

Seconded! :o
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf (M 12", AC 3, HD 1+2, hp 8/8, N) helm+plate+cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, Burglar-in-Training (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L)[/f]

Post Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:07 am

With a sprig of the mistletoe, my own special concoction. :D 8-) :lol:
Nobody ever catches Nuth.
The OSRIC Site and Wiki!

Post Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:25 am

Sorry I'm late to the party, as usual.

You can use the OOC (out of character) tag for short OOC comments within your in character post.

Or, you can use the OC tag to write longer OOC comments that you don't want to interrupt the "flow" of your in character post.

The board will format OOC text in line in your main post, but it will put OC text in a separate column to the right-hand side of your main post. Unfortunately, it ain't perfect. The formatting only really works "right" if you post your IN character stuff first (between IC tags) followed by your OUT of character stuff (between OC tags). Like this:

IC my in character stuff /IC
OC my out of character stuff /OC

I originally put the OC tag in as a tool for a referee/DM to explain the game mechanics behind in-game situations (especially combat resolution) without ruining the reading/writing experience of the in game part. But it has turned out to be kinda useful for explaining other stuff too.

The main issue is that it doesn't work well if you subsequently QUOTE someone else's IC/OC post, so try to avoid using the QUOTE feature, or use it with care.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
Previous

Return to Deeper Arkham