(078) A Second Expedition


Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

User avatar

Posts: 664

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:10 pm

Re: (078) A Second Expedition

Once again, Karl will volunteer for the middle watch.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1026

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:06 pm

Re: (078) A Second Expedition

Boggs wishes luck to the foolish treasure-hunters and remains in camp to catch rats. He's lost his taste for the adventuring life after the ill-fated first expedition. He volunteers to adopt Gertrude's kittens and raise them as proper mousers.
User avatar

Posts: 16460

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:41 am

Re: (078) A Second Expedition

Leudigar: any specific instructions regarding the wilderness navigation?

Dopey can wear his plate armor; his movement would only be slowed if encumbrance dictates it should be.

What spell will Faengol memorise for this adventure?

mushgnome wrote:Boggs wishes luck to the foolish treasure-hunters and remains in camp to catch rats. He's lost his taste for the adventuring life after the ill-fated first expedition. He volunteers to adopt Gertrude's kittens and raise them as proper mousers.

Anything I can do Mush? :shock:

I have heard that DocX will be rejoining this expedition with Sister Arian :)

Next wilderness turn forthcoming shortly...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Posts: 533

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:54 pm

Location: Pace, FL

Post Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:22 pm

Re: (078) A Second Expedition

Freid says, "I'll take the 3rd watch."and after eating a light meal, turns in to get his sleep.
[f=4]Manfreid the Fighter (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 10/10, FC Man+1, N) silver mail+helm, sword+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1196

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:47 pm

Re: (078) A Second Expedition

The Herald takes first watch.
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+torch, The Mellifluent Concord
User avatar

Posts: 353

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:39 am

Post Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:46 am

Re: (078) A Second Expedition

Akbar hoists a bit of his cloak over his should and settles himself next to The Herald. He pulls a long pipe from his belongings, lighting it from a twig pulled from the fire. He takes a puff, then offers the pipe to the cleric. "Eh? Mhm? Yes. Hehehehe!"
[f=4]Morin the Fighter/Medium (MV 12", AC 7, HD 2-2, hp 8/8, FC Man+1, N) scimitar+lantern[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16460

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:56 am

Re: (078) A Second Expedition

Leudigar leads his new company out of camp in an easterly direction for half a morning before turning them south-east and directly into the rising Hinterlands once more. Despite this ruse, the group note that they are well spotted by a group of Manfred's outrunners; half a dozen of them watch the company marching by from across a broad gully, sullen and grim faced. They don't seem interested in parley, and dash off down slope when the company waves. Nobody has any illusions that the camp will not be abuzz with rumour of their mission by tonight.

The night is chilly but peaceable, and the company set out with the rising sun. The weather threatens to turn poorly on that second day, but instead clears for them before anything more than a frugal drops of rain can fall. The marching is steadily uphill, with the Tracker finding goat-trails and babbling brooks to follow most of the way. Progress is good--though not so fair a pace as Leudigar might set for himself!

Shortly after noon on the third day out the company finds themselves approaching the scene of the (now over a week-gone) battle with Thick-Neck's regulators. Those who were here recently know the hidden watch house is scarcely a hundred yards along the ridge...
Very well. Sister Arian and the Sister/Fighter/Medium will have to catch up...

Day 1
The weather is fair.
Will Manfred's scouts spot the company? 1 # d6 → [5], so yes.
Will the company be delayed(rather than lost)? 1 # d6 → [3], so no.
Will there be an unforeseen encounter this day? 1 # d6 → [2], so no.
The company have covered three wilderness hexes.
One day of supplies are consumed.
Will there be an event during the nightwatch? 1 # d6 → [1], so no.

Day 2
The weather is 2d6 → 8, so overcast.
Will Manfred's scouts spot the company? 1 # d6 → [2], so no.
Will the company be delayed(rather than lost)? 1 # d6 → [1], so no.
Will there be an unforeseen encounter this day? 1 # d6 → [5], so no.
The company have covered three wilderness hexes.
A further one day of supplies are consumed.
Will there be an event during the nightwatch? 1 # d6 → [4], so no.


Day 3
The weather is 2d6 → 6, so clearing.
Will Hazmog's scouts spot the company? 1 # d6 → [4], so no.
Will the company be delayed(rather than lost)? 1 # d6 → [3], so no.
Will there be an unforeseen encounter this day? 1 # d6 → [1], so no.
The company have covered two wilderness hexes and reached the ridge.
One move remains of day three...

What now?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 379

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:32 am

Post Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:40 am

Re: (078) A Second Expedition

Well its nigh about time," snorts Zax as the tracker finally points to their destination, "I've 'ad enuf o' this walkin; I'm shagged."

He turns to The Herald. "You seem to be the go to man o' this mob long-legs, so wossa rub?. I'm mostly a bash-it-and-see kind of guy mi'self, but I know some of these faerie types", he says with a nod at Faengol, "like to take it nice'n careful-like so they dont get their pre'ty clothes all muddy."
[f=4]Lemmi the Mender (MV 12", AC 7/7, HD 1, hp 5/5, FC Man, N) leather, sword+dagger[/f]
[f=4]Statue of Zax the Gnome Fighter (MV 5", AC 2/4, HD 1+2, hp --/6, FC Man+1, N) plate+sh+helm, pickax[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1501

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:44 pm

Re: (078) A Second Expedition

Zem squints at the ridge line, "so you say the hidden stair and watch post is over there, guess we should make are way quiet like and see if these goblins are waiting for us."
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Veteran (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 2+1, hp 9/9, FC 2 Men1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1196

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:59 pm

Re: (078) A Second Expedition

The Herald quietly replies, I am not the leader. I am simply motivated to do my job. Speaking of jobs, let's talk with the one among us who knows of stealth. Leudigar! If you were setting up an ambush for a group approaching the stairs, where would you put it?
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+torch, The Mellifluent Concord
PreviousNext

Return to Hinterlands

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 5 guests

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software