(070) Dnulnefluv


Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

User avatar

Posts: 1296

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:37 pm

Re: (070) Dnulnefluv

Ah yes, of course... HIghbough would first try a normal (non-silvered) dagger.
User avatar

Posts: 16508

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:54 am

Re: (070) Dnulnefluv

Highbough wonders idly to himself how many of his fellows' reflections he might be able to see, all at once, on a surface so narrow as a dagger's blade..?

His steel dagger is a dull thing compared to the silvered blade; he can spy a reflection upon it's surface, but it is indistinct. The image upon the silver surface is conversely clear and bright.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16508

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:58 am

Re: (070) Dnulnefluv

| So then... what are your instructions for the upcoming turn? |
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1296

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:49 pm

Re: (070) Dnulnefluv

Highbough tries his best to rally the troops. "This is WAR! Nobody gets left behind. I vote that we keep out of sight, spy on the were-creatures, and gather what intelligence we can about their numbers and movement."

Posts: 533

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:54 pm

Location: Pace, FL

Post Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:19 pm

Re: (070) Dnulnefluv

Olaf says, "I take it we need a mirror to use the portal and it destroys the mirror on every use, right? And only those in the reflection of the mirror are transported, so a little silvered dagger wouldn't get us all, is that also right?"

"If that's the case, I think we need to find a better mirror *here* before we do anything else and that means we all stay for now." he finishes.

"So, what's our next step?" Olaf asks, "Hide here? Try to ambush the two monsters up on the plain? Head for that fortress in the distance? I think some of you know more about this place than the rest of us do, so speak up Highbough...Wen?"

| EDIT: It looks like mushgnome answered Olaf's question one post back. :) |
[f=4]Manfreid the Fighter (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 10/10, FC Man+1, N) silver mail+helm, sword+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1505

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:20 am

Re: (070) Dnulnefluv

Wen would answer Olaf we a shrug "Not a whole lot honestly. I was asking the forest spirit where we might find magical weapons to aide us in the retaking of Ket, I think she thought the whole thing somewhat a waste of her time and she sent us here, or someplace very much like it, but only for a moment. I can now only assume she was trying to tell us, everything in its time and place. Here we are and we know a battle was fought here long ago by mighty armies with arcane magic."

After some more time Wen would speak again. "We need a mirror no matter how crude. Some rocks can reflect light well it a matter of the right color and a smooth surface, see if we can spot any obsidian or onyx in the area. We might make a water mirror of some kind, or if we can find the right material to polish enough silver coins we can make a crude mirror by attaching them with wax to a flat surface."

Wen would let these ideas run around his head for awhile....
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Veteran (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 2+1, hp 9/9, FC 2 Men1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16508

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:26 am

Re: (070) Dnulnefluv

Seeing that this adventure looks set to continue, I shall now re-roll for everyone's hit points:

Dieter; F5; HD 5; hp=22
Olaf; F4; HD 4; hp=19
Highbough; W5; HD 4-4; hp=12
Wen; F/M-U 3/2; HD 3-3/1; hp=9
Torben; F3; HD 3; hp=13

Dieter and Olaf both throw mightily!

The second exploration turn since your arrival has now elapsed. What are your orders for exploration turn three?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 709

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:52 pm

Re: (070) Dnulnefluv

Assuming Dieter is still at his post on the crater rim, what news of the two scavengers? Are they the only ones out there? Have they finished at all? Are they moving towards us or away?

Also, is there a part of the battlefield Dieter can see that looks like we could do a bit of scavenging ourselves without being seen?
It's not that I don't want to fight these two. I just don't want to bring the entire fortress down on our heads all at once, especially without an escape plan. That won't do us or The Gustave any good.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1296

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:26 am

Re: (070) Dnulnefluv

"Let's use the terrain to our advantage and spy on the enemy," suggests Highbough. "At its peak, this fortress held an army of thousands. I have seen it in visions. Is now that time, or was that long ago, and the were-creatures are mere scavengers over an abandoned battleground? Either way, our numbers are too weak to risk sounding the alarm. We should keep our heads down and keep track of their movements: Are there watchmen on the walls and towers? Do the gates open and close at intervals? Are there patrols? If we get separated and in trouble, then let's regroup back here at the Ring."

Posts: 533

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:54 pm

Location: Pace, FL

Post Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:55 pm

Re: (070) Dnulnefluv

"If we're staying, then we need to stay together." Olaf says, "I think first step will be to find a place of relative safety where you can prepare your magics, then explore. And look for a mirror!"
[f=4]Manfreid the Fighter (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 10/10, FC Man+1, N) silver mail+helm, sword+shield[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Hinterlands

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software