Delve the 7th


Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

User avatar

Posts: 1303

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:01 pm

Re: Delve the 7th

acodispo wrote:"I think that's a good idea, Franklin, but first let's just take a look. Somebody please stand guard!"

Wiglaff will go north into the hanging-globe room & give the situation a thorough look-see.

Any openings in the glass ball?
How is it attached to the chain?
How's the chain attached to the ceiling?

He'll also take a turn around the room with an eye out for hidden openings in the walls.


No openings in the glass ball
At the top of the glass globe is a glass loop, to which the chain is attached
The chain is attached via a simple hook
User avatar

Posts: 150

Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 3:27 pm

Location: The Necropolis of Nuromen

Post Wed May 01, 2019 10:36 am

Re: Delve the 7th

Makofan wrote:DM: I am assuming that everybody is looking, but not touching

After a quick look, Catweazle starts prodding and poking and trying to twist and move parts of the statues. He starts with the one east of the door they entered by and works his way around the room anti-clockwise. Ivar and Sigmund, after a surreptitious shared glance and roll of the eyes, follow him at what they take to be a safe distance (about 10 feet away from Catweazle).
User avatar

Posts: 1303

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Thu May 02, 2019 2:54 pm

Re: Delve the 7th

Catweazle lags a bit behind the others as they leave the room, and tries to manipulate the statue. It looks at him, then lashes out with its trident. The other 8 statues animate and ready their weapons

DM: Catweazle has bad AC and HP; does he want to parry and give the attacker -4 to attack, or does he want to forgo the parry for an attempt to escape if he is not killed by the statue?
User avatar

Posts: 150

Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 3:27 pm

Location: The Necropolis of Nuromen

Post Thu May 02, 2019 3:15 pm

Re: Delve the 7th

"Ech! Ach! Somnabulent statuary! Animated avatars! Away! Ivar, Sigmund, don't stand there gaping, do something! Tche!" :shock:

Catweazle attempts to block the trident with his staff in the hope that help will arrive and he can retreat before the next attack.
User avatar

Posts: 719

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Thu May 02, 2019 4:19 pm

Re: Delve the 7th

If Wiglaff can hear the commotion in the statue room he'll race back in there to help Catweazle out!

If possible: he'll join forces with Ivar & Sigmund to shield the fragile magic-user during a retreat northward to join the rest of the party.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf (M 12", AC 3, HD 1+2, hp 8/8, N) helm+plate+cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, Burglar-in-Training (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L)[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 556

Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm

Location: Southern Quebec

Post Thu May 02, 2019 7:40 pm

Re: Delve the 7th

I think Aldbane would have been waiting in the statue room anyway, so he'll run over to assist Catweazle and his henchmen. "There are too many, quickly, retreat!" he says, following the others north.
[f=4]Orim the Dwarf Fighter (M 9" AC 6/6 HD 1+2 hp 7/7 FC Man+1) leather+helm, spear+hand axe[/f]
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 2 hp 9/9) plate+shield+helm, war hammer, sling[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1234

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Thu May 02, 2019 10:33 pm

Re: Delve the 7th

Franklin was standing in between the two rooms, sling in hand, trying to calculate the optimum shot at the glass globe. When he hears the commotion to his south, he yells, "Quick! Retreat into the corridor before you get swarmed."

If Franklin gets a clear shot without risk of hitting his friends, he will lay down covering fire with his sling. If his position is overrun, then he will parry with his dagger and just try to stay alive.
User avatar

Posts: 182

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm

Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Post Fri May 03, 2019 2:39 pm

Re: Delve the 7th

Maloof, with great foresight and consideration for his fellow PCs, quickly retreats further down the corridor to make room for the others as they leave the room.
User avatar

Posts: 1303

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Sun May 05, 2019 9:55 pm

Re: Delve the 7th

Vile wrote:"Ech! Ach! Somnabulent statuary! Animated avatars! Away! Ivar, Sigmund, don't stand there gaping, do something! Tche!" :shock:

Catweazle attempts to block the trident with his staff in the hope that help will arrive and he can retreat before the next attack.


The staue is impaccably deadly, and stabs Catweazle three times, ending his life abruptly

With all nine statues now activated, what are the other characters' actions?

Statue attacks three times, rolling 15-4=11, 14-4=10, 16-4=12, hitting all three times
Catweazle takes 2, 4 and 5 = 11 damage, killing him
User avatar

Posts: 701

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post Mon May 06, 2019 12:45 pm

Re: Delve the 7th

"Everybody out and we'll slam the door!"Rhod shouts. (Is anybody still in the room?)
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Gorthaur's Madness

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software