Delve the 7th


Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

User avatar

Posts: 1340

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:07 pm

Re: Delve the 7th

Vesh and Catweazle are protected by Maloof and Franklin, who are arranged so they can get a shot at the door. Rhod and Grampus get ready to resists a charge. To the north of the door, but far away not to be noticed immediately, are Wiglaff and Wotan. To the south, Aldbane and the three dwarves

There is a pounding on the door, and it starts to tremble under tremendous blows, and then the door is splintered and the white ape is framed in the doorway! Maloof's sling stone splashes off the framing, but Franklin's conks it right in the head. The ape beats its chest, and rushes towards Franklin, but Rhod and Grampus bar the way. The rest of the group scrambles after the ape

Rhod takes a mighty shot, but Grampus is unscathed by the ferocious attacks, and then both Rhod and Grampus slice into the ape, which looks seriously wounded.

Any change in tactics, or just slug it out and hope?

MECHANICS
Franklin @ape, rolls 15, hits for <1d6>=6 damage
Maloof @ape, rolls 8 - miss

Initiative: Party 5, Ape 6 - Ape wins
Ape vs Grampus: 11, 7, 5 - all miss
Ape vs Rhod: 9, 16, hits once for 5 damage

Grampus 18+1=19 - hits for <1d6>+1 = 2 damage
Rhod 18, hits for <1d6>= 4 damage
Wiglaff 2 - miss
Wotan 6 - miss
Aldbane 2 - miss
Ori 3 - miss
Nori 6 - miss
Dori 2 - miss

WOUNDS
Rhod 6/11
Ape : 14 damage taken
User avatar

Posts: 157

Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 3:27 pm

Location: The Necropolis of Nuromen

Post Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:43 am

Re: Delve the 7th

Ivar and Sigurd will use their spears from the second rank if there is space.
User avatar

Posts: 705

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:04 pm

Re: Delve the 7th

Rhod continues fighting.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 571

Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm

Location: Southern Quebec

Post Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:08 pm

Re: Delve the 7th

Aldbane also continues to fight!
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 2+1 hp 12/12) plate+shield+helm, war hammer, sling[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 197

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm

Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Post Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:06 pm

Re: Delve the 7th

Maloof grasps his mace. He won't wade into the melee, he hangs back but will attack if the ape breaks through and gets near himself, Vesh, Catweazle, or Franklin.
User avatar

Posts: 768

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:51 pm

Re: Delve the 7th

Wiglaff lays into the ape with his axe, shouting: "We can do it, lads!"
Chances are good it's within a single hit of dropping. Fight on!
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf (M 12", AC 3, HD 1+2, hp 8/8, N) helm+plate+cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, Burglar-in-Training (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L)[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1296

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:07 pm

Re: Delve the 7th

Franklin draws his dagger to protect himself, but he does not force his way to the front line. He will take any attacks of opportunity that present themselves, i.e. the ape breaks through the ranks.
User avatar

Posts: 1340

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:44 pm

Re: Delve the 7th

The swarming party finally manages to bring the beast crashing down, as Nori lands the decisive blow. Checking your wounded, you see that Rhod could use some healing

DM NOTE: I missed an earlier wound on Rhod, so he is down to 4 hit points out of 11. You have not used the Staff of Healing on him yet today

MECHANICS
Initiative: Party 6, Ape 3 - party wins

Grampus 9+1=10 - miss
Rhod 5 - miss
Wiglaff 5 - miss
Wotan 9 - miss
Aldbane 4 - miss
Ori 7 - miss
Nori 20 - hits for <1d6>= 6 damage, ape dies
Dori 9 - miss

WOUNDS
Rhod 4/11
User avatar

Posts: 768

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:04 pm

Re: Delve the 7th

Let's get Rhod healed with the staff then continue exploring. I suggest east through to the temple, and check the east door in the south wall.

Wiglaff looks down sadly at the fallen beast.

"A pity we couldn't capture this one. The last one fetched a pretty penny."
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf (M 12", AC 3, HD 1+2, hp 8/8, N) helm+plate+cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, Burglar-in-Training (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L)[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1296

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:24 pm

Re: Delve the 7th

Franklin scolds, "Sconces, don't eat the ape!" He rewards the dog with a piece of beef jerky from his rations. "East through the temple, and then south, sounds good to me."
PreviousNext

Return to Gorthaur's Madness

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software