Delve the Sixth


Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

User avatar

Posts: 173

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm

Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Post Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:33 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

Maloof stands well clear of the melee, but will attack the creature with his mace if it somehow breaks through our ranks.
User avatar

Posts: 141

Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 3:27 pm

Location: The Necropolis of Nuromen

Post Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:18 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

Catweazle lets fly his colour spray and sharpishly steps back while Ivar and Sigurd lower their spears to intercept the monster if it comes their way.

"Egads! Your knees, young masters, ward your knees! Tche! Away, foul fowl!"
User avatar

Posts: 1263

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:45 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

DM: I rule that only beings facing the caster are affected, so the players do not have to worry about being caught in the Color Spray


Catweazle unleashes a dazzling blast of colors, and when your vision clears, you see the monster unconscious on the floor

Monster rolls saving throw vs spells <1d20> = 8 fail
User avatar

Posts: 676

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:54 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

"Well done, Catweazle!"

Wiglaff claps politely.

How big is the creature? If it can be safely stuffed into a sack (without touching the tail) we could perhaps sell it to Groth.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf (M 12", AC 3, HD 1+2, hp 8/8, N) helm+plate+cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, Burglar-in-Training (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L)[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1263

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:04 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

About 4 feet long. Maybe a couple sacks would suffice. I am sure Groth would love a pet cockatrice to go with his manticore and ape
User avatar

Posts: 694

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:22 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

"We'll have to move sharply, then," Rhod says. "Before it wakes up."
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 676

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:35 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

Wiglaff's porter Edgar has a couple of large sacks. Acting very carefully so as not to touch the thing's tail, Wiglaff stuffs the creature rear-first into one sack, then puts another over the head, and ties the bundle with rope so it can't struggle.

Off to Groth's place!
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf (M 12", AC 3, HD 1+2, hp 8/8, N) helm+plate+cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, Burglar-in-Training (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L)[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 173

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm

Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Post Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:39 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

"Heigh ho, let's go!" Maloof says eagerly. If possible, he'll walk near the encased beast, ready to strike with his mace if he notes any movement or wriggling, hopefully to knock it unconscious again!
User avatar

Posts: 1263

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:28 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

You hastily retrace your steps without encountering any opposition. Groth is delighted to see you. When apprised of the cockatrice, he laughs in delight

"My friends, you have depleted my gold reserves, but these two rings are easily worth 1000 gold each" He pulls off his fingers two gold rings set with a large ruby. "I will trade you my rings for the beast?"
User avatar

Posts: 1190

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:44 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

Franklin's eyes light up when he sees the rings. Oooooooooooohhhhh.....

Sconces sits and wags his tail like a good boy.
PreviousNext

Return to Gorthaur's Madness

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software