Delve the Sixth

Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

Posts: 388
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Post by kipper » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:41 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

"They have gone in the other direction, let us continue our plan to explore the great hall." Maloof replies.

Posts: 1073
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:15 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

"I agree!"
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 1735
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:42 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

You get back to the hall and the snake/worm/insect thing carcass is gone

Posts: 1073
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:21 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

Wiglaff stares in some consternation at the spot where the beast's body should be.

"Well, that's troubling. Nothing to be done about it, though! I suggest we do a proper investigation of the extent of this hall, and make sure we know where all the doors are, as well as take a glance down the north passage.

"Should we do this en masse, or just send us scouts ahead?"
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 1622
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post by mushgnome » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:59 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

(If there are no objections) Franklin lets Sconces sniff the ground where the monster fell, then commands the dog to "seek."

Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:08 am
Location: Guelph, Upper Canada

Post by SneakeyPete » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:29 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

While the dog is sniffing and seeking Grampus checks the outside of the corridor for doors, traps and listens for sounds through the rock.

Posts: 1735
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:45 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

mushgnome wrote:(If there are no objections) Franklin lets Sconces sniff the ground where the monster fell, then commands the dog to "seek."
| I see him as more of a pointer than a tracker. For game purposes, hiring the dog has given you almost immunity to surprise - I am reluctant to grant more than that. We can always discuss this |

Posts: 1735
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:05 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

To save some time, here is the room you map

Image

The frescoes on the wall, when looked at together, point to the creation of men by aliens and then brought to this planet as an experiment - or something like that

Posts: 1073
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:13 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

Once the hall is mapped & the frescoes revealed, Wiglaff suggests:

"I hate to leave all these doors unchecked. Anything could be hiding behind them! Before we move on from the hall, shall we check each in turn?"
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 1622
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post by mushgnome » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:23 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

Fair enough. Franklin checks for visual signs of the carcass being moved, like scuff marks or a trail of blood. "I hope it didn't reanimate like those bandit corpses. I'd hate to fight that thing a second time!"

Return to “Gorthaur's Madness”

cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Designed by ST Software.