(052) Reckoning the Abbey

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:14 pm

doctorx wrote:
sulldawga wrote:Dorgan

"Who's coming with me ta check out the base camp?"
"I will," Josiane answers firmly after whispering a brief, sad prayer over the remains of poor, befuddled Envongr; "Garven and Murphy need our aid."

She too scans the nearby trees hopefully, looking for any sign of the fallen fighting-man's owl...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:45 pm

eris wrote:

"Give me a second." Olaf makes his bow ready, "Now I will come with you."

Olaf's sword is sheathed at his side and he is without a shield now, but he can use his bow and arrows to support Dorgan on this mission.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by mgtremaine » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:58 pm

mgtremaine wrote:
Wen would add after a few moments. "This is no place to leave the fallen, he should be set on a pyre or put beneath the earth. Either will take some doing..."

ooc: Is the heavy pick he wielded near by? Might be what is needed for digging. Are there another possession to be seen? Did he have an oil by chance?
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:19 pm

doctorx wrote:
"We attend to the (I pray) living first, friend Wen," says Josiane, her eyes still watching on all sides for danger; "Then, with all my heart, we shall honour the dead."

She's still on the watch for encroaching evil or orphaned owl...

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:25 pm

tonneau wrote:

"I think now is a time for us to stick together, my stout comrade", says Gustave, eying the gnawed ribcage of their short-lived companion.

"Lead on, I will guard our rear."

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:11 pm

danhem wrote:
"We've shed blood and apparently lost comrades, however new, to take this ground Gustave," Ulric says. "We need to leave a force behind to make sure we don't lose it and come back to a locked gate. I'll stay on watch here, but I'll need a few fighters to help hold the gate in case our hosts make an appearance."

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:32 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
Wen begins a search of the nearby nears, trying to coax Envongr's pet owl into sight, if it is still nearby. He makes some very convincing owl noises himself...

Meanwhile, Dorgan, Olaf, Josiane, and Gustave set out for the basecamp (which lies not 200 yards yonder...).

That leaves Desmond/Mondes, Ulric, Armando, Torben, Guntram, Dieter and Rufus to hold the abbey gate (a sufficient force!)
mgtremaine wrote:ooc: Is the heavy pick he wielded near by? Might be what is needed for digging. Are there another possession to be seen? Did he have an oil by chance?
All of Envongr's worldly goods, excepting his coin purse and his supplies, are scattered about, nearby. His backpack has been torn up and its contents spilled.

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:36 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
It takes our four about ten minutes to march back to the site of the base camp, taking due precautions.

When they arrive the find the camp site abandoned. There is no sign of Graven the Dwarf, nor Murphy the mule nor any of the supplies left here. Baal's Festering Hole, it looks like hunger will feature prominently on the menu once more!

Post by mgtremaine » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:44 am

mgtremaine wrote:
Wen would nod slowly in agreement with Josiane but then fail to follow up the hill. Instead he looks around to see what the options for burial are. A funeral pyre would be best considering the evil nature of the area. But is there enough fuel on hand, Wen frowns and looks around.

ooc: Any source of dead wood besides the old apple tree? Any likely areas that could be dug with the pick? Wen would not hold up the group but as long as we area standing around he'd try to figure out what could be done later on the way out.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:26 am

ehiker133 wrote:
Desmond/Mondes shakes both his heads as they watch the young mage start searching for wood to build a fire, "A funeral pyre is a signal fire, don't those fools know that?"

[color=e61921]OOC: really, lighting a bon fire is a bad idea. It attracts attention. Lets take care of the living first, then we can honor the dead.[/color]

Return to “Hinterlands”