(052) Reckoning the Abbey

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by ehiker133 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:34 am

Re: (052) Reckoning the Abbey

"You good there, Gustave," asks Desmond as he hears the tall man yelp and a stick clatter to the floor...
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by flightcommander » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:58 am

"Join us back here, Gustave — we need the Lady Templar for this task. I'll go fetch the others while you nurse the halflings, your hand, and this last quartino of wine ..." Armando then heads back out to summon their companions.
[f=4]Morin the Fighter/Medium (MV 12", AC 7, HD 2-2, hp 8/8, FC Man+1, N) scimitar+lantern[/f]

Post by Tonneau » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:04 am

ehiker133 wrote:"You good there, Gustave," asks Desmond as he hears the tall man yelp and a stick clatter to the floor...
"Merde...ah, yes, my four-eyed but cruelly unsighted comrade", comes the reply through gritted teeth, "it seems, however, that this chamber is something of a fool's circus, and determined to have the better of us."

"But...", he continues, using the tip of he sword to hoist the end of the staff away from the floor, "...it did not count on, The Gustave", and uses a mailed boot to direct the offensive object toward the door.
[f=59]Wraislin [Intellectual Conjurer, MV 12′′, AC 9, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV M3, N] [/f]

Post by danhem » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:40 am

Ulric sighs in relief as Dorgan dispatches the deadly blob.

"We seem to be wearing out our welcome," he says from the stairs. "How did such a thing come to be here?"

Ulric shrugs and then shines his lantern down the stairs and sees no sign of his comrades coming up from below.

"I'll go see what is keeping the others."

Ulric makes his way down the stairs, mindful of the trapped step, to check on Armando, Gustave, Desmond, and Rufus.

Post by sully » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:49 am

Dorgan will poke idly, with Wen's staff, at the puddle of now inanimate ooze and see if there was anything within that may be of interest or value or both.

"You ok, Olaf? Mebbe the Miss has something for them burns. Worst comes ta worst, I can give ya a slug a' something to take yer mind off the pain."
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by mgtremaine » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:53 pm

Wen wold breath a sigh of relief when Dorgan completes his devastating attack. "That was perhaps more exciting then we expected!" He would then check the wounded and see Olaf struggling with is burns. "Caustic is perhaps to light a word, that looks very painful. I have some water left in my skin perhaps it might ease the burn." Wen offer his waterskin to Olaf.

Once things are somewhat settled he would become curious about the goings on in the lower chamber. "I'll going have peek also, best to know how long before we move out." With that he'd move back down the stairs, avoiding the trap, torch in hand and dagger sheathed, to the outside of the room. "How goes it in here? Olaf has been wounded but we survived the attack of some horrible blob."

ooc: I think the Staff is probably Lawful so Josiane is the obvious choice to try and remove it, or Wen, Dorgan or Guntram can try also. Err I guess we lost Guntram just noticed he has not posted since May. :(
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by doctorx » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:31 pm

"Olaf!" :o

Josiane positively races to the stricken fighter's side and does everything she can to salve his wounds against the damage inflicted by the vile ooze.

Post by heartless » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:15 pm

Rufus says in the sudden darkness round him ", I cant believe Desmond I walked into a trap, I would kick myself if I could see my butt :oops: , and now we are blinded. I really hope it will pass soon", says Rufus in hope.
Rufus will try a peep to see if he can see anything, and then will continue to rest his eyes after rising them, waiting for his sight to return.
[Hinderlands]Kianna the Elf Sister-Fighter-Medium, Elf Maiden, Fighter/MU/Cleric 1/1/1
[Hinterlands-Netherworld] Ashtad Engel (the flaming arrow), Human Maiden, Marksman 2
[Moria] Lady Éohild (Noble of Rohan), Human Women, Fighter 3

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:15 am

The Infirmary

Dorgan, barefooted, investigates the huge mass of inanimate phlegm that seems to cover much of the infirmary... it is much like semi-congealed melted cheese, but for it's foul stench and sickly grey colour. Dispatched though the beastie is, its remains are still hissing and sizzling, and sticky as ever. Dorgan has to exercise much caution to avoid stepping on it with his already raw feet. There doesn't seem to be anything tangible amid the muck, but searching it exhaustively could take quite a while...

Meanwhile, Ulric heads back down the stair while Wen and Josiane rush to Olaf's aid. The lanky young fighter doesn't understand the avid attention he receives from the maiden templar, but as a fighter he recognises that it's always good to have a healer's attention...

The pair find that the burns to Olaf's burns are quite severe -- and may have dropped a lesser man -- but Olaf is made of stern stuff, and feels ready to soldier on.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:17 am

The Reliquary

Rufus and Desmond/Mondes rest themselves with no indication that their sight will return.

Meanwhile Gustave drop kicks the gnarled old stick across the room such that it clatters about the door way harmlessly.

Ulric arrives at the main reliquary.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Return to “Hinterlands”