Delve the Fourteenth

Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

Posts: 2323
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:19 pm

Re: Delve the Fourteenth

Maloof opens the door to the fire room. It looks the same - intimidating and full of swirling fire. But as he studies it, he realizes that there is actually a twisting but safe path through the flames, which he or Franklin could walk, but the humans would have to crawl along

Posts: 1078
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm
Location: Gibsons, BC, Canada

Post by kipper » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:56 pm

Re: Delve the Fourteenth

Maloof is curious, he decides to follow the narrow route and see if it leads to somewhere else besides the other door. If it does just lead to the other door, he will backtrack to return to the party.

Posts: 2323
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:34 pm

Re: Delve the Fourteenth

What do the others do while Maloof is checking out the room?

Posts: 1034
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post by coffee » Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:20 am

Re: Delve the Fourteenth

Rhod will have his sword and shield out, watching Maloof from the door.

And since he has his sword out, he'll use it to cast Detect Magic. Let's see if I can figure out what's going on with these crazy flames.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Posts: 844
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Post by merias » Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:54 pm

Re: Delve the Fourteenth

Aldbane will stand behind Rhod, watching to the east for any surprises.
Aldbane the Cleric (Level 5 MV 6" AC 2/3 HD 4 HP 18) plate +1, shield+2, helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing

Posts: 2871
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm
Location: Upper Miskatonic Valley

Post by mushgnome » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:47 pm

Re: Delve the Fourteenth

Franklin goes with Maloof.
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Posts: 2323
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:15 pm

Re: Delve the Fourteenth

The flames do detect as magic, but nothing else can be gleaned

The path leads to the other door, so disappointingly, no secrets are revealed

Posts: 2323
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:16 pm

Re: Delve the Fourteenth

Going out of town again this weekend, my Dad's 93rd birthday, probably won't check in until Monday night

Posts: 1078
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm
Location: Gibsons, BC, Canada

Post by kipper » Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:15 pm

Re: Delve the Fourteenth

Well, it seems we've mostly explored this entire level now, there are only a few unopened doors. I suggest we head south to the elevator. From there, we can either head east to investigate the purported "giant scorpions", or take the elevator down to the next level!

Or course, we will be extremely wary of the jelly in/around the elevator room, but this time we have the advantage of manoeuvrability (unlike when we were inside the elevator, earlier).

Posts: 2871
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm
Location: Upper Miskatonic Valley

Post by mushgnome » Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:21 pm

Re: Delve the Fourteenth

Franklin volunteers to turn Invisible and scout the giant scorpion area, to verify whether or not the rumors are true.
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Return to “Gorthaur's Madness”

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Designed by ST Software.