PC Setup

Waysoftheearth's Wyrmspear PBP

Post by sully » Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:56 am

Re: PC Setup

If we're waiting on me, I will take Thanis.

I had to look up what a "bidower" was. Can't hurt to be handy with a knife as well as a bow.

Thanis will be "stealthy". I'd like for him to have a pouch of marbles, a grappling hook, and 50' of rope.

EDIT: Please also add an extra set of rations.
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by Tonneau » Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:59 am

Wraislin

[Conjurer, Intellectual, MV 12′′, AC 9, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV M3, N].

Weapons/Armor:
Hooded robe, mage staff (light, feather fall)

Equipment:
Leather scroll case, scroll of sleep spell. backpack, rations, bedroll, wine skin (with quart of quality red), lantern, flask of oil, ink & quill case, spell book.

Arcane arsenal:
1st Sleep, Charm Person, Magic Missile
2nd Invisibility

Wraislin is an emissary for the Empyrean Tower. He views his 'intelligence gathering' mission as more a 'search for intelligence', and one which has so far been an abject failure. While the resounding stupidity of normal people dismays him, it is also a source of curiosity. The world holds much to be discovered after all - perhaps somewhere, there is something, or someone, worth his attention?
Last edited by Tonneau on Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[f=59]Wraislin [Intellectual Conjurer, MV 12′′, AC 9, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV M3, N] [/f]

Post by zygarti » Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:17 am

okay my final character should come to:

Flin Ireforge
[Dwarf Myrmidon, Strong, MV 6′′, AC 5, HD 3, hp 15, FC 3 men/hero −1, SV F7, N].

Weapons/Armor:
Mail armor, helm, throwing axe +1, returning, axe, dagger.

Equipment:
Backpack, rations, water skin, tinderbox & 12 torches, pouch of charcoal, whetstone, 50 ft rope, 6 pittons.

Mount Horne regulator, in pursuit.
Flin Ireforge [Dwarf Myrmidon, Strong, MV 6′′, AC 5, HD 3, hp 15, FC 3 men/hero −1, SV F7, N].

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:26 am

Good work team. I will do a PC round up/summary shortly... and then we'll get into it.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by rredmond » Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:17 pm

Garamon
[Hero, Hardy*, MV 9′′, AC 4, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L].
Mail armor, helm, shield, spear +1, sword, dagger. (2 extra regular spears)

Backpack, rations x2, water skin, tinderbox & 6 torches, 50ft of rope, 2 large sacks, ball of twine, spy glass (if no one else took it already :) ), silver mirror, 6 iron spikes + mallet.

Thick-necked spearman.

*If Hardy and tough are the same, then "Tough"
[f=47]Noh’won the Wiser[/f]
Kiplyn: ...no closer to pancakes and rest!
[f=59]Garamon [Hardy Hero, MV 9′′, AC 4, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L][/f]
Wraislin: arcane fire spewing from his fingertips and reaping barbeque death!

Post by ehiker133 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:49 pm

DAMMIT!!! I haven't played a small person (with one OR two heads) in years! That would have been fun. Especially with a Tass-like twist. It sounds comfortingly familiar.

But I can work with this...
Goldwen
[Abbess, Sagacious*, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2 + 1, hp 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L]
Equipment: Hide armor, close-fitted steel helm, wooden shield, mace, gnarled branch of healing, no spells. Backpack, rations, water skin, Holy Symbol, flask of Holy water, three prepared packets of clean bandages. Plainsmen priestess.

Goldwen's holy symbol is a fist-sized perfectly circular disk of a dense, dark wood, suspended by a braided leather cord. The center of the disk is set with a small, green gem of minimal value. Seven "spokes" spread out from the center to the edges of the disk, making six equal sections. That doesn't sound right, but it seems no matter how you count off the triangular sections, there are always six and every time you count the spokes, each of them carved with slightly different details, there are always seven. Surely this must mean something! Is it a TRUE symbol of a god or just some court magician's trick?

Goldwen does know something of the healing arts and is aided by a twisted branch of curly willow. She always looks after her friends when they get hurt, but they've come to expect that aid with a stern lecture on safety, especially if it's obviously the result of careless actions.
Last edited by ehiker133 on Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:50 am

Thanks ehiker.

All righty, we now have 8 players with a PC each. Woohoo!

Time to get started.

Most of the adventuring will be underground but, FWIW, the fall/autumn season will be giving ways to an early winter.
The major terrains hereabout are: the immediate agricultural farm lands, the great grass plains (from whence Goldwen and Witherun do hail), the foreboding Nightwood, and the (nameless?) swamp therein.

Because I'm going to fast track to the adventure zone, play will NOT begin in town.
So THIS IS THE LAST CALL for any further shopping/item picking.

So, I will go set up the first in-game topic.
When I next post in this topic, inviting everyone over to the in-game topic, shopping/item picking will be closed.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:18 am

Players,

Each of you should have received a message from me detailing your PC's personal quest.

Some of these are easier to achieve than others, but ideally there is something for each of you to think about.
Feel free to discuss/refine your quest with me via PM.

You can bring as much or as little of this into the game as you like.
If you achieve (or substantially achieve) your quest, you will level up. Ding!

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:31 am

Players, the game is now afoot.

Everyone over to The Approach please...

Return to “Wyrmspear”