03 - To the Shadowmoor

Mgtremaine's World of Tybor PBP

Moderator: mgtremaine

Posts: 81
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:58 pm
Location: Inside your dice bag, stealing your dice

Post by CursedDice » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:16 pm

Re: 03 - To the Shadowmoor

Coln

"Aye. No idea what creeps may be out in the moors at night..."

OOC: Fitting that this should be done on Halloween :D
"Role, not roll. People who can't accept that in D&D prove that, irl, they can't accept actually THINKING their way to a reward - they want everything to be fast and perfect. That's why real men play OD&D :p" -Me

Posts: 416
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:42 pm

Post by doctorx » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:50 pm

Re: 03 - To the Shadowmoor

Hagwen

Hagwen says nothing, peering intently into the mists...

Posts: 1941
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am
Location: San Diego, Ca

Post by mgtremaine » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:57 pm

Re: 03 - To the Shadowmoor

The group decides to make camp. Coln and Rhegaer start looking around for good spot to set up. Phadian stands with the Mule as Alrik stays close. Hagwen takes a few steps forward and peers into the mists as if she senses something.

Then the croaking starts. Not the gently croak of the bullfrog singing out to the coming twilight, no this croaking is deeper, rasping, even threatening. It calls and far off there is an answer. There is silence and it calls again. Somewhere, very nearby, there is something making this terrible sound.

What now?
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 6 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=55]The Grey Company[/f]

Posts: 416
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:42 pm

Post by doctorx » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:00 pm

Re: 03 - To the Shadowmoor

Hagwen

"Trouble..."

Hagwen sets an arrow to her bow, continuing to scan the mists intently, ears straining for any further sound...

Posts: 1941
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am
Location: San Diego, Ca

Post by mgtremaine » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:22 am

Re: 03 - To the Shadowmoor

Hagwen is sure the sound can not be more then 100 yards away. Just away south in where the grasses are thick, perhaps down by the pool of water she spotted.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 6 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=55]The Grey Company[/f]

Posts: 336
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:04 am

Post by okruse » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:04 am

Re: 03 - To the Shadowmoor

Phadian

Scratches "Mule" gently on the neck to calm her. Gets out his sling and sets a stone in it so it is ready. Peers out into the swamp in the direction Hagwen is looking.

Posts: 780
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Post by merias » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:49 am

Re: 03 - To the Shadowmoor

Alrik

Alrik grips his dagger and peers about nervously.

"We'll need to take turns on a watch if we are to stay here tonight, not that any of us will be able to sleep through that noise."
Aldbane the Cleric (Level 5 MV 6" AC 2/3 HD 4 HP 18) plate +1, shield+2, helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing

Posts: 1941
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am
Location: San Diego, Ca

Post by mgtremaine » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:02 pm

Re: 03 - To the Shadowmoor

Hagwen takes a step or two forward trying to spot whatever is making the noise. The others seem to stand still and tense?

"CROOOOUUUUKKKK, CROOOOOOUUUUKKKK", it sounds again.

Hagwen sees the pool of water ripple in time with the sound. Yes whatever it is, it's down in the pool.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 6 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=55]The Grey Company[/f]

Posts: 336
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:04 am

Post by okruse » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:54 pm

Re: 03 - To the Shadowmoor

Phadian

I move up with Hagwen. To the others.

"Let us determine what this is .. together. Strength in numbers and all like that. <pauses, thinks> but someone keep an eye to the back in cases this is subterfuge."

Posts: 81
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:58 pm
Location: Inside your dice bag, stealing your dice

Post by CursedDice » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:58 pm

Re: 03 - To the Shadowmoor

Coln

We need to find out what that blasted thing is! Let's go! ... but quietly and stealthy... if it is a big monster there is no sense in letting it know we are here.
"Role, not roll. People who can't accept that in D&D prove that, irl, they can't accept actually THINKING their way to a reward - they want everything to be fast and perfect. That's why real men play OD&D :p" -Me

Return to “Edge of the Western Sea”

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Designed by ST Software.