(04) The Cathedral

Waysoftheearth's Wyrmspear PBP

Posts: 2032
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am
Location: San Diego, Ca

Post by mgtremaine » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:17 pm

Re: (04) The Cathedral

Tass looks for the moment to slip back into the group un-noticed.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Posts: 16878
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:52 pm

Re: (04) The Cathedral

Tass slips in through one of the broken windows, quick as you like, and joins the back of the party as they march past the Reverend and through the archway adjacent to the dais.

But, just as everything is about to work out well, Flin addresses the Reverend....
The ref decides to hand-wave Tass entering the main hall through a window, in order to get the band together again.

Meanwhile... how will the Reverend react to Flin?

He is already suspicious of the party (other than Raislin), and has a dim view of dwarfs in general and those present here on site in particular.
On the other hand, Flin's existence has been "excused" somewhat by Raislin, and he merely asks for a few words.

But is the fact that he speaks at all simply too offensive?

Let us see:
2d6=3. Oops....
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Posts: 2032
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am
Location: San Diego, Ca

Post by mgtremaine » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:19 pm

Re: (04) The Cathedral

It takes everything I have not to shout Seize the Heretic at Flin.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Posts: 449
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:32 am

Post by Tonneau » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:47 pm

Re: (04) The Cathedral

"Ah, please don't pay any mind to our...interpreter" says Wraislin with greatly forced amicability as his eyes blaze with magical fury at Flin, "he forgets his station."

He places himself strategically between the Reverend and the dwarf.

"Now, if you would be so kind, my friend"
[f=59]Wraislin [Intellectual Conjurer, MV 12′′, AC 9, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV M3, N] [/f]

Posts: 16878
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:03 am

Re: (04) The Cathedral

The Reverend is clearly offended by Flin's interjection, but thankfully Raislin intercedes before the situation can escalate and, as a result, the whole party manages to pass through the main hall without a single drop of blood spilled...
Very good. Let's allow Raislin to diffuse the situation, which otherwise could easily descend into a pointless and time consuming combat. Instead let's push on!
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Posts: 16878
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:09 am

Re: (04) The Cathedral

The party leaves the main hall behind, and passes into a cool, dim, stone passageway behind the main hall. The corridor is almost 10ft wide, and continues ahead for about 50ft before turning left. Before that, there is another open archway on the right-hand-side of the passage, leading into a daylit chamber...
What next? I presume Thanis is in front... Raislin and Tass are now at the rear.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:45 am

Post by zygarti » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:25 am

Re: (04) The Cathedral

Once we are alone, Flin turns to the rest of the party to apologize.
"My apologies my friends, for the McNavish people have stolen something that belongs to me. Something which I must get back as soon as possible".
He hangs his head slowly.
"But perhaps, that was not a good time to ask. I must not let my emotions overthrow the task at hand".
Flin's secret quest is not so secret :lol:
Flin Ireforge [Dwarf Myrmidon, Strong, MV 6′′, AC 5, HD 3, hp 15, FC 3 men/hero −1, SV F7, N].

Posts: 2032
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am
Location: San Diego, Ca

Post by mgtremaine » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:18 pm

Re: (04) The Cathedral

Tass skips along next to Wraislin prattling on "Boy was that guy mad at Flin, are you sure we shouldn't go back and see what he wanted to do him? I mean maybe you'd learn a new trick."
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Posts: 2113
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm
Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post by ehiker133 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:09 pm

Re: (04) The Cathedral

Goldwen glances over at Flin and shakes her head, "I wasn't aware of this quest, Flin. What have the McNavish stolen?"
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Posts: 449
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:32 am

Post by Tonneau » Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:09 pm

Re: (04) The Cathedral

Wraislin bestows upon Tass a grin, which might be amused or...impressed?
[f=59]Wraislin [Intellectual Conjurer, MV 12′′, AC 9, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV M3, N] [/f]

Return to “Wyrmspear”

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Designed by ST Software.