Delve the Thirteenth

Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

Posts: 2868
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm
Location: Upper Miskatonic Valley

Post by mushgnome » Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:49 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

"A sling stone right between the eyes should do the trick" Franklin suggests cheerfully.
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Posts: 1034
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post by coffee » Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:32 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

Rhod will keep an arrow knocked until we have a decision, ready to fire.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Posts: 2320
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Mon Oct 02, 2023 3:35 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

The door does not seem to be opening any time soon

Posts: 1076
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm
Location: Gibsons, BC, Canada

Post by kipper » Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:00 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

I wonder if it could be some sort of elaborate illusion to protect whatever is beyond the door?

Regardless, we shouldn't take the danger too lightly, just in case it is not. I think fire will be our best weapon, we will need to use Wiglaff and his Wand of Fire again.

We can pull the door again with our rope set-up. Then, from the entrance to Room #20, Wiglaff can fire the wand through the far doorway. We then slam door #20 to save ourselves from any backblast (with us on the safe side of Room #20). Then, ready all missile weapons and re-open door #20.

Posts: 1034
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post by coffee » Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:23 am

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

Sounds good to me.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Posts: 2868
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm
Location: Upper Miskatonic Valley

Post by mushgnome » Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:22 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

Franklin is ready to execute this plan.
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Posts: 2320
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:42 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

I can't see the wand from that angle being able to enter the room, and then travel down the corridor towards the dragon. 20

Posts: 1076
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm
Location: Gibsons, BC, Canada

Post by kipper » Sun Oct 08, 2023 1:46 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

Ah, it's some sort of cone-like effect? I was imagining more like a fireball.

Well then, back to the drawing board. Does anyone else have a plan to deal with this, with minimal risk to ourselves of course!

Posts: 841
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Post by merias » Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:10 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

Aldbane can open the door again and stand aside, and Wiglaff can fire off the wand from right in front of the door? That should at least soften the creature up if we want to engage it after that.
Aldbane the Cleric (Level 5 MV 6" AC 2/3 HD 4 HP 18) plate +1, shield+2, helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing

Posts: 2320
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:53 am

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

kipper wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 1:46 pm
Ah, it's some sort of cone-like effect? I was imagining more like a fireball.

Well then, back to the drawing board. Does anyone else have a plan to deal with this, with minimal risk to ourselves of course!
Good point. I got Frost and Fire confused. So your plan will work. With a a weakness to fire, the ice dragon is barbecued without me needing to roll, and the fire shooting out fills the left half of the room, so Aldbane is safe

Return to “Gorthaur's Madness”

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Designed by ST Software.