Delve the Thirteenth

Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

Posts: 2346
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:28 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

The edges are all damp, and the door feels quite cold on Maloof's ear. There is no wolf pee smell, but Sconces; hairs prick up and he starts a low growl

Posts: 1040
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post by coffee » Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:09 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

Rhod looks down at the dog.

"Yeah, I don't like it either," he says.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Posts: 1091
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm
Location: Gibsons, BC, Canada

Post by kipper » Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:46 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

Tie a rope to the door (if possible?), and retreat back to the other doorway before attempting to yank the door open?

Posts: 2885
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm
Location: Upper Miskatonic Valley

Post by mushgnome » Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:39 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

Franklin is willing to try Maloof's clever plan. He orders Sconces to stay back, and his archer henchmen to nock their arrows.
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Posts: 2346
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:38 am

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

I guess the key question is - is there anybody going to be positioned to shoot into the room? These same people would of course be vulnerable to attack from whatever is inside the room

Posts: 1091
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm
Location: Gibsons, BC, Canada

Post by kipper » Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:55 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

I'd say to arrange ourselves in Room #20, to shoot through the door into room #19 if anything exits the new room into room #19 and comes at us. We can alternatively throw the rope into room #19 and slam the door (leaving us 'safe' in room #20), depending on what exactly happens when the door opens.

Posts: 853
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Post by merias » Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:04 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

kipper wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:55 pm
I'd say to arrange ourselves in Room #20, to shoot through the door into room #19 if anything exits the new room into room #19 and comes at us. We can alternatively throw the rope into room #19 and slam the door (leaving us 'safe' in room #20), depending on what exactly happens when the door opens.
If the rope will open the door in that way, Aldbane is good with that plan. Otherwise, he would open the north door himself and stand to the side to let the missile-wielders have a clear view north.
Aldbane the Cleric (Level 5 MV 6" AC 2/3 HD 4 HP 18) plate +1, shield+2, helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing

Posts: 2885
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm
Location: Upper Miskatonic Valley

Post by mushgnome » Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:15 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

Franklin positions himself to shoot into the room. If the hallway isn't too crowded then the two hobbit archers will do the same.
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Posts: 2346
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:44 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

So I think Aldbane will be in room 19, and open the door, standing to the side. everybody else will be in room 20, and can shoot anybody who emerges into 19, but will not be able to shoot into the discovered room/hallway/space?

Posts: 2346
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:30 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

The door opens onto a corridor of indeterminate length, at least 10' from where you are viewing. Aldbane feels a wash of cold air come into the room

Return to “Gorthaur's Madness”

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Designed by ST Software.