Delve the Thirteenth

Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

Posts: 2127
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:17 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

The room is 40' wide by 60' long, and there is a door in the north wall (I'll give better mapping directions later)

The walking corpses are about 20 feet away, the archers about twice that. I figure that to turn undead, you have to be pretty close (about 10' or so) so it makes sense for Aldbane to advance towards the corpses and attempt to turn

Posts: 771
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm
Location: Southern Quebec

Post by merias » Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:15 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

Makofan wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:17 pm
The walking corpses are about 20 feet away, the archers about twice that. I figure that to turn undead, you have to be pretty close (about 10' or so) so it makes sense for Aldbane to advance towards the corpses and attempt to turn
Yes, Aldbane will advance as close as needed.
Aldbane the Cleric (Level 5 MV 6" AC 2/3 HD 4 HP 18) plate +1, shield+2, helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing

Posts: 916
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm
Location: Gibsons, BC, Canada

Post by kipper » Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:11 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

Maloof hurls a flask of holy water a the nearest red-eyed corpse.

Posts: 1436
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:16 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

Wiglaff advances with Aldbane and will engage the corpses in melee. He directs his Elven Spear-folk (Sera & Tauriel) to engage from the 2nd rank, and orders Yolenna his apprentice to grab some holy water from Edgar the porter and throw it.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 2127
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:07 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

Actions so far declared are:

Aldbane: turn zombies
Maloof: holy water at zombie
Wiglaff - melee zombies
- elven spear back up Wiglaff from behind
- apprentice Yolenna throw holy water at zombies
Franklin - silver bullet at zombie
- archers at skellies

I will let coffee decide what to do with Rhod, but if no answer in next day or so, it makes sense for him to melee the zombies, fighting beside Wiglaff

Posts: 2127
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:23 am

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

Balbo and Drogo whirr their slings at the skeletons, and the unerring missiles crush the bones of two of the skeletons, sending them rattling disjointedly to the ground. Franklin pulps the head of one of the zombies, toppling it over. Maloofs vial of holy water soaks into the zombie's face, and starts dissolving it as the zombie claws at its smoking body, before succumbing, but Yolenna's vial misses and shatters somewhere on the floor past the other two zombies.

The remaining two zombies turn their heads and stare at the party, and from their eyes come glowing red rays of light. They frantically dodge, but both Aldbane and Wiglaff feel a burning, searing pain, as some beams connect with them. The five distant skeleton archers fire, and poor Balbo takes a debilitating wound, but he is still on his feet

Aldbane abjures the monsters to flee, and the remaining two zombies shuffle away towards a far corner

There is no melee

What do players do next round?
MECHANICS
Initiative: players 3, monsters 3 - tie
will do ranged, then turning, then melee

Balbo, at skellie, rolls 19 - hits for <1d6>=2 damage, killing it
Drogo, at skellie, rolls 11 - hits for <1d6>=3 damage, killing it
Franklin, at zombie, rolls 15 - hits for <1d6>=5 damage, killing it
Maloof, holy water at zombie, rolls 15 - hits for <1d6>=3 damage, killing it
Yolenna, holy water at zombie, rolls 6 - miss

Zombie, two eyebeams at Aldbane, who has to make two save vs Wands
- Aldbane rolls 9, 16, and dodges one beam, the other hits him for 3 damage
Zombie, two eyebeams at Wiglaff, who has to make two save vs Wands
- Wiglaff rolls 12, 1, and dodges one beam, the other hits him for 1 damage
Skellie at Drogo, rolls 3 - miss
Skellie at Balbo, rolls 12 - hits for 3 damage
Skellie at Aldbane, rolls 12 - miss
Skellie at Wiglaff, rolls 5- miss
Skellie at Rhod, rolls 15 - miss

WOUNDS
Aldbane, 15/18
Wiglaff, 13/14
Balbo, 1/4

MONSTERS LEFT
2 Zombies (running away)
5 Skeletons

Posts: 2686
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm
Location: Upper Miskatonic Valley

Post by mushgnome » Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:01 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

Franklin tells Balbo to 'stay back!' while he and Drogo target the skellie archers.

Posts: 771
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm
Location: Southern Quebec

Post by merias » Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:07 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

Aldbane wades into the skeletons, bashing them with his silver war hammer.
Aldbane the Cleric (Level 5 MV 6" AC 2/3 HD 4 HP 18) plate +1, shield+2, helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing

Posts: 2686
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm
Location: Upper Miskatonic Valley

Post by mushgnome » Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:20 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

Franklin orders Drogo to hold fire (so he doesn't accidentally shoot Aldbane in the back). Franklin draws his sword and joins the melee.

Posts: 916
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm
Location: Gibsons, BC, Canada

Post by kipper » Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:52 am

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

Maloof readies another vial of holy water, but does not throw it yet. He waits upon the return of the zombies or some other monster.

Return to “Gorthaur's Madness”

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Designed by ST Software.