Out Of Character

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:16 pm

Re: Out Of Character

Ehiker, can you please post the official marching order here for me? Thanking you :)
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by ehiker133 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:45 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:Ehiker, can you please post the official marching order here for me? Thanking you :)
Updated.
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by mgtremaine » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:47 pm

Well I didn't really improve the situation but maybe I foiled the surprise round... I think we are gonna take a beating. :(
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:56 pm

Yes, it could go nasty, soon.

But let's not forget the players have the advantage of above average hp, and also two magic-users... so, hmmm it could go either way. Kinda exciting, in fact :)
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by The Red Baron » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:03 pm

Hezmog's force has 5 drawn crossbows pointed right at us!
[f=4]Mero the Fighter (M 9", AC 2/4, hp 7/7, FC Man+1, L) plate+helm, spear+shield[/f]

Just don't panic because your life is in the hands of someone named Dopey

Post by riftstone » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:41 pm

The Red Baron wrote:Hezmog's force has 5 drawn crossbows pointed right at us!
This, I can fix. Does everyone believe combat is imminent and/or unavoidable? I would hate to start a world war... ;)

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:37 pm

The Red Baron wrote:Hezmog's force has 5 drawn crossbows pointed right at us!
This means that, should combat ensue, they will almost certainly* fire first in the missile segment. Note that the regulators are equipped with regular, hand-drawn (a.k.a. "light") crossbows, not the heavier, winch-drawn (a.k.a. "heavy") arbelasts that would ignore armor.

* Which is to say: certainly, unless they players can provide the ref a good reason to think otherwise.

Post by sully » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:00 am

There's only a couple ways this doesn't end in violence.

We somehow BS them into leaving us alone. Depends on the dice and I'm not feeling any advantage leaning our way on this one.

We drop our weapons and give them some to all of our valuables. Not a viable option in my book.

We intimidate the hell out of them and they turn tail. Least likely of all three options but I think we should go this way. At least we'll get to the fighting soon enough!
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by The Red Baron » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:34 am

We might be able to bluster our way out of the situation by stupefying them with our limitless stupidity (which should come naturally to a lot like us).

We might be able to out-lawyer them with well phased pseudo-rational arguements.

We might inform them we have business with Hezmog himself. This might be "out of the frying pan and into the fire", but it could save our butts in a pinch.

If we could somehow maneuver ourselves uphill we might start an avalanche down the valley slope, but they have the high ground at the moment.

We also have some pipeweed. That might help diffuse a tense situation.
[f=4]Mero the Fighter (M 9", AC 2/4, hp 7/7, FC Man+1, L) plate+helm, spear+shield[/f]

Post by The Red Baron » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:37 am

The key to successful negotiations is acting as if you have all the authority and have been affronted.

Instead of trying to look small, we should have demanded to know what they were doing on his majesty, lord Hezmog's crater.

I think we lost the initiative as far as talking our way out of it.

Return to “Hinterlands”