(069) Pilgrims & Practicalities

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by ehiker133 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:26 pm

Re: (069) Pilgrims & Practicalities

Desmond nods in agreement at this outlined course of action. He isn't at all afraid of going into the ring, but he has no idea how to operate it. So he would volunteer to go with Dorgan and look for Beringar and Valorn.

If nothing has been figured out by the time they return, Desmond will volunteer to simply step through the ring and see what happens.
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by Merctime » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:04 pm

Dhren supports Dorgan's suggestion fully and will go with him, or not, as needed.

Post by doctorx » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:56 pm

Josiane is in broad agreement with the plan, though she is distinctly uncomfortable at the thought of being parted from Dorgan, given his current parlous state... :cry:
Any progress on her chat with Hoot, ways? A potential winged messenger might prove useful here...

Post by Condorcet » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:30 am

Helmut, still sporting a sheen of sweat from his morning exercises, lays a hand on Dorgan's shoulder. "I wish you God speed, dwarf," he says solemnly, "and rest assured, I will guard the Lady with my life ere you return."
ehiker133 wrote:You'd possibly have to deal with harassing cat calls by elves (both in the party and of the wildwood) who would receive much pleasure at a dwarf being ridden by an elf, of course...
:lol:
Ideally elves, and preferably noob elves should accompany Dorgan. We may need all the guns we can gather at the ring

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:49 am

heartless wrote:How far away are the Wood elves of Wildwood that Ashtad knows of? Or is Dhren's people closer?
Dhren's people are the wood elves of Wildwood, the very same people who taught Ashtad her shooting skills. However, the woodland realm spans a great reach of forest, and Southwatch is the nearest known outpost. Dhren's has recently departed from Southwatch; as has Dorgan himself.

Ashtad has not visited Southwatch herself, though she is aware that it exists. The locale where she learned to shoot like an elf is several days farther east.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:50 am

doctorx wrote:Post corrected.
So noted!
doctorx wrote:Any progress on her chat with Hoot, ways?
Yes; by the power vested in herself Josiane is able to communicate with Hoot the owl IC.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:52 am

Condorcet wrote:Ideally elves, and preferably noob elves should accompany Dorgan. We may need all the guns we can gather at the ring
Until you locate Highbough and/or Wen, Dhren is the only other Elf present.

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:03 am

It is yet early morning on the third day.

Council is had--along with breakfast--as to the best course of action for this day...
I believe I am hearing that Dorgan, Desmond, and Dhren intend to set off on foot to find out what happened to Valorn and Beringar. Please post something IC to signify their departing and I will fork a new thread for them...

Meanwhile, that leaves Josiane, Armando, Helmut, and Ashtad (as well as Ulric and the pilgrims) at the abbey. What are their respective instructions?

Now might also be a good time to take stock of your remaining provisions...

Post by Merctime » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:51 pm

sully wrote:"This morning, we form a small team to go to the Ogre Bridge and check on Beringar and Valorn. I will volunteer to lead it. I'll take no more than three others. The rest will go to the Ring Room and attempt to determine how the Ring Team disappeared."
Dhren listens to Dorgan speak with great care during this solemn time. The elf's face shows a growing respect for the wisdom, and the bravery, of this steadfast dwarf aptly nicknamed 'the rock' even in the face of impending loss of life. Dhren must have thought this himself, for at a particular moment, the elf's face grows smartly sour and he shakes his head, as if forcefully casting out some distasteful thing from his mind.
sully wrote:"If we figure out how to find the Ring Team, the rest of the party will go in pursuit of them and Gustave. I will stay behind to head to Southwatch on foot. I won't stop anyone from staying behind to go with me but I'm fine to go on my own. I'm sure Dhren and/or Ashtad can draw me a map.

If we don't figure out how to find the Ring Team, I will use the Polymorph potion and fly to Southwatch (or wherever Ashtad came from) with Ashtad and Dhren (only if they volunteer) and share all the info we have on the Ring with the elves. We'll see if any of the elves can help us activate it, and then that group will head back to the Abbey with the info."
Here, Dhren will allow a moment after Dorgan speaks; Both to honor the growing respect for him and also the practicality of allowing his words to seat properly in the minds of those present. But he will soon say, "Dorgan, please allow me the honor of accompanying you to the lands of my birth, in either event. I should believe that a guide amongst the trees and avenues of my people might be of profit to you."

The elf washes a kindly gaze over those gathered here, that brings with it a smile on his face, as he considers each one present. "A profit, perhaps, unmatched by the profit you bring to all of your friends simply by your presence. You are far too valuable a person to have lost in the woods." The elf will allow a friendly chuckle at this, in the hopes of livening the conversation and straying from the doom and pall of the severity of the matter.

"I do think we should simply seek these lost ones at the Ogre Bridge first, along the way, and then immediately proceed to the domain of my people to seek succor for you. But, I do agree that we should enlist the aid of one other."

Dhren once again passes a gaze at those present. "Who shall accompany us? Please consider that we still require strong protectors here, at the abbey, and also a strong team for the ring. Offer yourself in this service to travel with Dorgan and Myself not out of kindliness, as we all wish to, please... But out of tactical intelligence and necessity."

With these words, Dhren stands up and goes about re-packing his backpack and belongings and getting himself ready for a long journey.
Regarding taking stock of provisions, Dhren should probably carry everything he lists on his sheet. I've tried to think of something he can leave behind, but I don' think he should having looked his equipment over.

However, I think I should note that Josiane has the steel mirror he lists, and seeing as how she needs it most, I'm wondering, DoctorX, if you'd simply like to add that to her character sheet and I'll subtract it from mine?

Post by ehiker133 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:00 pm

Desmond spends a moment trying to figure out which way it is to the ogre's lair.

"I'm willing to go look for Beringar and Valorn, but I'm not so sure I'm suited to speedy travel over land for a fast trip to Southwatch. If the plan is to leave straight from the ogre's lair, then I'l remain here and help hunt down the doppelganger and try and figure out the ring. Also... I believe our Saint is attempting to communicate with that owl of hers. We might see what plan she has in mind."
WOTE, what is the direction of the ogre's lair from the abbey? Southwatch is north of the abbey. It looks like there is a river north of the abbey, as well. Is that what the bridge traversed? Or is it in a different direction?
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Return to “Hinterlands”