Out Of Character

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by mgtremaine » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:22 pm

Out Of Character

mgtremaine wrote:
I like #2 first then #3
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:28 pm

Out Of Character

ehiker133 wrote:
sulldawga wrote:OOC: How about we vote and see what folks want to do? It sounds like no one wants to head back to Ket just yet so...

1. Explore the "other buildings".
2. Go up the hallway north of the lobby.
3. Go down the stairs across from the library.
4. Check on Envongr and Garven.

Dorgan's vote is for #3. He'd prefer to explore everything on the ground floor and make sure our path of retreat is secure before we go down the stairs.
Eh? That doesn't make sense. Do you mean Dorgan would prefer to do #2 then #3?

Desmond is good with #2 then #3. Then #1, as well, I guess...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:48 pm

Out Of Character

sulldawga wrote:
ehiker133 wrote:
sulldawga wrote:OOC: How about we vote and see what folks want to do? It sounds like no one wants to head back to Ket just yet so...

Dorgan's vote is for #3. He'd prefer to explore everything on the ground floor and make sure our path of retreat is secure before we go down the stairs.
Eh? That doesn't make sense. Do you mean Dorgan would prefer to do #2 then #3?

Desmond is good with #2 then #3. Then #1, as well, I guess...
My mistake. Wrote my choice and then I changed the order above. Dorgan votes for #2. He'd then want to do #1 as well, before finishing with #3.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:18 pm

Out Of Character

mushgnome wrote:
Highbough raises his (invisible) hand to vote for #2.

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:29 am

Out Of Character

danhem wrote:
My vote would be 4, 2, 1, 3.

I know that we, as players, know the fate of those outside but our characters do not. Ulric would not want to leave two able bodied fighters outside.

I would also prefer to make sure that we have cleared the upper areas before going below. Another mistake we've made in the past is not being systematic in our explorations and trying to rush things.

Post by mgtremaine » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:02 pm

Out Of Character

mgtremaine wrote:
fair enough. It sounds like #2 has a simple majority, but Danhem's point is valid, lets try to swing out quick and tie up that thread.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:09 am

Out Of Character

eris wrote:
2 and 1 would be Olaf's vote. Completely explore the level you're on before going to another.

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:31 am

Out Of Character

flightcommander wrote:
Armando would agree with Ulric's choices (4, 2, 1, 3); revisiting the entry gate would also allow the party to make sure their main egress from the Abbey was clear, in addition to checking on their fellow companions.

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:24 am

Out Of Character

tonneau wrote:

Sorry, missed that. It looks like #4 is already happening. I would suggest that we should also consider #5. "Resolve the mystery of the tar pit demon and disappearing priests in the abbey proper" before exploring elsewhere. One would not want an blazing-heat-eye tar demon appearing arrears at an inopportune moment...

Post by mgtremaine » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:04 pm

Out Of Character

mgtremaine wrote:
tonneau wrote: Sorry, missed that. It looks like #4 is already happening. I would suggest that we should also consider #5. "Resolve the mystery of the tar pit demon and disappearing priests in the abbey proper" before exploring elsewhere. One would not want an blazing-heat-eye tar demon appearing arrears at an inopportune moment...
I suggested a #5 like path with "poking the hornets nest", no takers [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img] So I think it will be the final act after the other options are explored. But I'm all for it!

Return to “Hinterlands”