Out Of Character

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by mgtremaine » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:41 pm

Out Of Character

mgtremaine wrote:
I think this is the latest map

http://odd74.proboards.com/post/119844odd74.proboards.com/post/119844
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:52 pm

Out Of Character

sulldawga wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:Up Top
(Dieter, Josiane, Highbough)

Dieter keeps a watch while Josiane and Highbough discuss the layout of the abbey. It seems clear to Josiane that Highbough and Gustave must have entered the passage from beyond the beruned door. The very door that the black-robed priests used to cover their retreat.

This is a rough overview of what they know between them (not exactly to scale):

........./=======================================================.............
......../.........|....|......x|.................................|............
......./..........|....|......x|........Abbey....................|............
....../....-------|----|.....x/..................................|............
...../..../.......Bell.......x|..................................|............
....|.....|.......tower......x\..../---------------|HH|--------HH\............
....|.....|...................x---/.tar.xxxxxxxxxxxx||xxxxxxxxxx\.\...........
....|.....|....................xxxxx..moat,.......bridge....-----\.\..........
....|.....|.................................................|.....H.\.........
....|.....|.................................................|......\H\....?...
....|.....\...................................Courtyard.....|.......\.S?.|?|..
....|......\................................................|.library\.\.|.|..
....|.......\...............................................|.........\.\|.|..
....|........\-----------------------..................-----......Nest.\.\.|..
....|................................|...........------|....|------..X..\..|..
.....\...............................|...........|.....dire........|...././...
......\..Other Buildings..............-----------|.....wolf........|---/./....
.......\.........................................|.....room........|.lobby....
........\......................................??-------....--------.../......
.........===========================================================HH/.......
...................................................................front gate.

H are doors,
S is a stair down
Here's a bigger map. I'm assuming we cleaned out the Library. There are stairs across from the Library we can check out. And the hallway north of the lobby.

Did anyone search the dire wolf room? And there's also the "Other Buildings" to search. Not sure if Highbough and Olaf searched the Bell Tower. We have lots of places to look through without going back into the Abbey.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:04 pm

Out Of Character

ehiker133 wrote:
Hmmm... Desmond remembers the stairs before the library. Not sure about the hallway going north from the lobby, though. We never explored that part. And yeah, there are plenty of other buildings to search. I agree we shouldn't leave yet. We've done that too many times - leave with little or no loot. We need to take in a haul. We have a huge rent bill coming due soon and guards and servants to pay and arms and armour to repair and...

... adventuring isn't all it's cracked up to be, you know!
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by mgtremaine » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:25 pm

Out Of Character

mgtremaine wrote:
So notice that on the other map I posted a link to there is a door in the abbey on the east side, and then on this map a corridor heading north in the same general area. They probably link up. I'm all for trying to get a haul out of this as you say we need the money and the Wizard could use some cash to make scrolls and copy spells and what not. I think as long as we stick together we should be ok.... I really think that we took their best shot and they will not try a frontal assult again. A trap sure, but they are going to come boiling out of that pit, or they would have already.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:20 pm

Out Of Character

verhaden wrote:
My posting might be a little slow through the weekend. Home is still currently without power after yesterday's storm here in Ohio USA.

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:45 pm

Out Of Character

ehiker133 wrote:
verhaden wrote:My posting might be a little slow through the weekend. Home is still currently without power after yesterday's storm here in Ohio USA.
Oi, are you in the Cuyahoga Falls area, Verhaden? My wife's aunt was telling me about all of the flooding around them - cars floating down the street and whatnot! Sounds pretty bad!

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:31 pm

Out Of Character

danhem wrote:
verhaden wrote:My posting might be a little slow through the weekend. Home is still currently without power after yesterday's storm here in Ohio USA.
Sorry to hear that Verhaden. I'm in Athens; we lost power for only 8 hours so consider ourselves lucky. Not so lucky was the 30' maple in our backyard. A wind gust folded it over and snapped it in half like it was nothing. My wife and I watched it happen from our deck window. Last year we lost four similar sized trees in the derecho. Luckily none were by the house.

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:37 pm

Out Of Character

danhem wrote:
mgtremaine wrote:So notice that on the other map I posted a link to there is a door in the abbey on the east side, and then on this map a corridor heading north in the same general area. They probably link up.
Yes, there is a second barred door leading out of the abbey interior. You're probably right about the link. I'm sure there's a room stuffed with silver and gold in between.

We searched around the dire wolf room a little and found a lot of bones and signs of burning (I sense a theme), but we were interrupted by the wolf pack that came down from the front gate. Then Guntram turned into a giant and all hell broke loose. Or was that just the ceiling?

Also of note, beyond the dire wolf room the passage continued and ended at a door. Another place to explore.

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:03 pm

Out Of Character

sulldawga wrote:
Look at the bright side, Verhaden. At least there's not three feet of snow on the ground!

Seriously, hope things are back to normal for you soon.

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:05 pm

Out Of Character

sulldawga wrote:
OOC: How about we vote and see what folks want to do? It sounds like no one wants to head back to Ket just yet so...

1. Explore the "other buildings".
2. Go up the hallway north of the lobby.
3. Go down the stairs across from the library.
4. Check on Envongr and Garven.

Dorgan's vote is for #3. He'd prefer to explore everything on the ground floor and make sure our path of retreat is secure before we go down the stairs.

Return to “Hinterlands”