Out Of Character

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by Tonneau » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:16 am

Re: Out Of Character

ehiker133 wrote:
;) Thanks. One thing I happen to like about this game is that we really don't have one single dominant character in the party taking the role of party leader - everyone shoulders responsibilities at different times.
What you mean to say, of course, is that the Shining Light and obvious Go-To Man for this otherwise disorganised rabble is currently err....indisposed (faint echoes of a distant Ha haaaaa! barely perceptible in the background).
[f=59]Wraislin [Intellectual Conjurer, MV 12′′, AC 9, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV M3, N] [/f]

Post by ehiker133 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:22 am

Tonneau wrote:
ehiker133 wrote:
;) Thanks. One thing I happen to like about this game is that we really don't have one single dominant character in the party taking the role of party leader - everyone shoulders responsibilities at different times.
What you mean to say, of course, is that the Shining Light and obvious Go-To Man for this otherwise disorganised rabble is currently err....indisposed (faint echoes of a distant Ha haaaaa! barely perceptible in the background).
Ah ha! My clever ruse worked! I thought that might draw you from out of the woodwork... ;)
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by Olroda » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:23 am

Tonneau wrote: What you mean to say, of course, is that the Shining Light and obvious Go-To Man for this otherwise disorganised rabble is currently err....indisposed (faint echoes of a distant Ha haaaaa! barely perceptible in the background).
:D I miss our most valiant friend.

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:49 pm

Okay dokey, I've created a sticky thread for your marching order here.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by sully » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:51 pm

Tonneau wrote:
ehiker133 wrote:
Happy to see you! Even if it is only in the OOC thread. :(
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by Tonneau » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:19 pm

sully wrote:
Tonneau wrote:
ehiker133 wrote:
Happy to see you! Even if it is only in the OOC thread. :(
Alas, its about as close as i get at the moment, though the reading has certainly kept things entertaining of late; a few close moments and heroic efforts (even by The Gov's high standards!) in there.
[f=59]Wraislin [Intellectual Conjurer, MV 12′′, AC 9, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV M3, N] [/f]

Post by ehiker133 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:40 pm

Something to think about:

Now that we are mostly all back together, and after we've rested, I assume we're going to either a) continue past the wolf statue to hunt for The Gustave or check out the remaining rooms in the abbey to hunt for The Gustave, right?

This could be challenging and somewhat boring for a good number of the group if we attempt to do it as an 11 man team, especially when we're traipsing about in 5' wide hallways. The issue being that no matter what we find - a room, someone to fight, etc - a good half of the party, if not more, is going to be able to do absolutely nothing but stand there. The going will be slow and, I suspect, fairly boring for those people in the middle of the group.

Once we're all back up to full strength, if we opt for option b) we might consider... breaking off into two larger groups? Obviously this goes against the #1 rule, "Don't Split Up The Group," but I think that rule is really meant for smaller parties of 6 or fewer people.

It's almost a necessity in this kind of situation, given our larger number.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Alternative ideas?
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by sully » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:31 pm

Historically, this game has seen some pretty big adventuring parties go on dungeon crawls. It hasn't yet been a problem. Ways always figures out how to make it interesting for people.

And it looks like we're headed toward the "boss monster" of this particular dungeon so I wouldn't want to split the party right when we need to be as strong as possible. We usually almost die when we split up (the grell and the shadows are just two examples that come to mind).
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by mgtremaine » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:34 pm

The grell that was close... :) Not sure what the "Boss" will be but dang it we already killed the Tar Fiend! That was pretty big.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by sully » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:35 pm

mgtremaine wrote:The grell that was close... :) Not sure what the "Boss" will be but dang it we already killed the Tar Fiend! That was pretty big.
I would be ok with the Tar Fiend being the toughest thing we fought in here. Really, really ok.

Return to “Hinterlands”